4Th Gen Mirror Options

I know that the mirrors off the 5th gens will fit a fourth. I want the 'condomless' mirrors for my bike.

If I am not mistaken, the mirrors off a CBR F4/F4i will also fit. Can anyone shed some light on that? There are some rather inexpensive alternatives on Ebay, but I don't want to buy if they won't fit.

• Member Contributer

I don't think the CBR mirrors are a direct swap. Check out EMGO mirrors made for the 2000-2001 VFR. They don't have the ugly rubber condom sleeve and they bolt right on with no modification needed and are reasonably priced compared with OEM. ($28 each on Amazon)

Part Numbers:

20-37341 (right side)

20-37342 (left side)

Here is a pic on my 3rd Gen.

gallery_14198_4317_27265.jpg

Those mirros look real nice. I bought the 'condom' style way back in 2005 and I just got them out of the box and put on the bike. They bolt up fine but I can't get the rubber part to fit up properly. How do you solve the loose rubber?

• Member Contributer

Easy. You buy Y2k mirrors and forget about it!

I only buy OEM mirrors--the aftermarket ones seem cheap and nasty to me...

Ciao,

• Member Contributer

I bought a set of cheap (£23) off Ebay from Hong Kong after damaging one of my OEM Y2K mirrors and not being able to find a R/H second hand replacement and found them to be ok, I've had the bike at an indicated 150mph and they didn't move, the quality of the finish of the plastic of the mirror head was not as good as OEM but not s##t. I just bought 2002-09 mirrors (40mm mountings) as they were a lot less expensive than Y2K mirrors and as I had the Y2K mountings.

But maybe I was just lucky, I have tried to look through my purchase history but can not find the sellers details. SORRY

BigB

• 3 weeks later...

Having had some on my other bike for the last 8 years and been impressed with their quality, I've recently ordered a set of MR Carbon mirrors with wide angle glass & long stems to replace my original "Condom" mirrors.
http://www.moto-works.jp/products/rr-mirrors.html

Having had some on my other bike for the last 8 years and been impressed with their quality, I've recently ordered a set of MR Carbon mirrors with wide angle glass & long stems to replace my original "Condom" mirrors.

http://www.moto-works.jp/products/rr-mirrors.html

They do look nice. It's also nice they have a wide choice of mirrorhead shapes and stalk legnths. The 300 buck price is very steep though.......

It's about $400+ for a complete set, but the quality is outstanding. If the wide angle glass saves you getting a speeding ticket is it worth it? :happy:

Archived