Motad Header Install Question(S)

Knute

• Member Contributer

Howdy all,

I'm in the process of installing motad header on my '04. I got the old system off with only one little issue, one stud came out with the nut, should install a new stud and and get a new nut, or just reinstall the old stud with the nut attached? And... would it be advisable to use anti seize compound during installation?

Really appreciate any advice anyone might have.

Knute

When I had my headers off, I had a couple of studs that came right out of the block with the nuts.

I put anti-sieze on those studs and screwed them right back in again afterwards. And of course, more anti-sieze on the other nuts that came off OK elsewhere.

IIRC, the torque is 9 ft/lbs.

Worked for me! In this application, it doesn't really matter which end comes apart, as long as nothing snaps.

• Member Contributer

When I had my headers off, I had a couple of studs that came right out of the block with the nuts.

I put anti-sieze on those studs and screwed them right back in again afterwards. And of course, more anti-sieze on the other nuts that came off OK elsewhere.

IIRC, the torque is 9 ft/lbs.

Worked for me! In this application, it doesn't really matter which end comes apart, as long as nothing snaps.

Thank for the reply Canuck. That's what I was thinking to do too, but thought it best to bounce it off the board first, just in case...

Thanks again!

• Member Contributer

I have to say that I've done that, too, but it's not the right way to do it! You're basically replacing a nut and stud system with a simple screw. Here's a good explanation.

Ciao,

• Member Contributer

I have to say that I've done that, too, but it's not the right way to do it! You're basically replacing a nut and stud system with a simple screw. Here's a good explanation.

Ciao,

Thanks for that! Some great info.

Archived