Suspension Settings On Stock Forks And Shocks

I am looking for some help from other VFR riders as to what settings you are running front and rear on the stock forks and shock. I am an 83 kilo rider and am not convinced I have found the optimal settings. Aside from replacing the stock bits, I hope others have found a comfortable setting. I appreciate your feedback, thank you for your help!!

thats a question i also could not find an answer,

i own a 2010 vfr1200f, i am 86 kg and sometimes ride 2 up, i have tried almost all the combinations but nothing feels ok for me, setting the correct sag seems impossible for the front (preload adjusters dont really work and compresion damping seems too much for me) rear preload adjustment can not be made perfectly, rebound damping seems too far from enough even when it is at max. suspension is not satisfactory in my bike

This topic has actually been beaten to death. The stock suspension is woefully inadequate for aggressive sport riding. The front preload adjusters work, it's just that the forks are apparently sprung for a horse racing jockey. If you weigh more than the average 12 year old boy, you'll never get front sag correct with the stock springs. The rear shock is also total crap, which is why I did Penske shock and Ohlins springs almost right out of the gate. You might as well just decide now if you want to fix it, or live with it, before spending much more time trying to make the stock suspension "good".

i just bit the bullet and went for the Ohlins shock...put it in yesterday, too cold to test yet...but i also have the Ohlins springs in the front and they made a very noticeable improvement

• Member Contributer

Sport Rider's recommended settings were pretty good for me. These are for the regular version but I guess they can work for the DCT version as well. I weigh about 83 kgs too by the way. For passenger work you can crank up the rear preload up a bit I guess.

I agree though, this bike deserves a fully adjustable, high quality suspenders at both ends, I might choose to upgrade them in the future...

Here are the settings:

SUGGESTED SUSPENSION SETTINGS FRONT Spring preload-9mm of adjuster showing; rebound damping-6 clicks out from full stiff REAR Spring preload-13 clicks in from full soft; rebound damping-0.75 turns out from full stiff

Read more: http://www.sportrider.com/bikes/146_1005_2010_honda_vfr1200f/#ixzz2qfAlTYXn

Archived