5Th Gen Fork Upgrade

Guest Kr0nus

Question

Hey everyone.

It has been a while.....I have a s1000rr now and I have been riding tat lately and my 5th gen has been sitting in the garage for a while. I miss riding my 5th gen now and I need to do some much needed maintenance/upgrades. My front suspension feels like...well water....now compared to my other bike. I want to do a front fork upgrade and I know there used to be a company (or maybe a person) that I could send the forks to that could do the upgrade for me. Does anyone remember such a service? I can't seem to find it anywhere on the interwebs, but I know that it existed.

8 answers to this question

• Member Contributer

I just had my 5 Gen forks reworked by Jamie along with a Penske shock and it made a big difference! I went with the CBR internals (for the rebound adjustability) on the forks and it was all very affordable too IMO! He also did a rework on my 6 Gen, and I'll probably be sending him my Duc components for a refresh sometime in February. I'm very happy with the work he's done.

Nice, I want to get pretty much all of the options for my forks. I have a 929 rear shock so that should be OK (thanks VFRFlyer for the conversion piece). I was slightly worried that the website you gave wasn't still doing suspension work, good to know that you just had service from them.

• Member Contributer

Jamie is a member here and continues to do fine work and provided me with excellent service and results with my F3 internals, springs, spacers, and custom valves and stacks & resprung and reworked 929 shock conversion with mounting adapter... I highly recommend his work.

• Member Contributer

Thanks for the kind words fellas!

It's not surprising that you aren't happy with your VFR's suspension after riding the BWM (although that bike needs a lot of help too!). I'm sure that some straightforward upgrades would fix you right up. Feel free to drop me an email (preferred) or PM if you need any details.

• Member Contributer

Thanks for the kind words fellas!

This is a tough crowd and you've earned the respect & accolades...

BTW, I'll be hitting you up for suspension advice and work on a 5th gen track bike project over the Winter :goofy:

Archived