5Th Gen, Highmount Exhaust - Any Hard Cases?

PCinDC

Hey guys,

I have a 5th gen with a Micron high mount exhaust. I love the exhaust, but I have been wanting to add some hard cases to the bike. I would rather not ditch the exhaust, with the possible exception of an undertail setup, which would allow me to run the 6th gen bags.

Failing that, does anyone know of any cases, even those made for another make of bike, which are made to fit a high mount exhaust? I can fabricate the mounting rack, but I need some ideas on where to look for the bags themselves.

Thanks in advance.

Paul

• Member Contributer

Anything is possible, dream the impossible!!!!

But you will end up with a fat azz!

Maybe I should rename my "redslut" to "Rosie" (a whole loadda.....) :unsure::goofy:

post-8974-0-74247700-1379006361.jpg

post-8974-0-54667900-1379006431.jpg

I just spent 30 minutes searching the forums for a picture of a 5th gen with a high mount and hard luggage. I know I have seen it, it may have been in one of my threads. But I'll be damned if I can find it. I know it can be done, but there are spacers that need to be added to the tube frame to make enough room for the exhaust.

• Member Contributer

I just spent 30 minutes searching the forums for a picture of a 5th gen with a high mount and hard luggage. I know I have seen it, it may have been in one of my threads. But I'll be damned if I can find it. I know it can be done, but there are spacers that need to be added to the tube frame to make enough room for the exhaust.

IM000820Large.jpg

IM000810Large.jpg

Hey that's perfect! So it looks like provided I am willing to live with a little wider back end, I shouldn't worry too much. I was thinking about using something like these: http://www.ebay.com/itm/231052631816?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649 You can see how that right bag is set up for a higher muffler. Thoughts on using bags made for another make?

• Member Contributer

Anything is possible, dream the impossible!!!!

attachicon.gifass2.jpg

wow Beautifull rear view! what kinda bags are those? and what pipe??

The bags and brackets are 6th Gen VFR800 (well the main part of the brackets, I had to get creative with home-made bits as well; the piece to the right of my licence plate will be replaced with a more elegant round/pipe bit at some point )

The pipe is an Akrapovic hexagonal that was made to fit.

I like the elegant solution on the 5th gen; wish I had seen that before...... :wacko:

• Member Contributer

Hey that's perfect! So it looks like provided I am willing to live with a little wider back end, I shouldn't worry too much. I was thinking about using something like these: http://www.ebay.com/itm/231052631816?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649 You can see how that right bag is set up for a higher muffler. Thoughts on using bags made for another make?

If they're molded to fit another bike's pipe they may look a little out of place on the VFR. Kind of like putting the 5G Corbin Beetle bags on a 6G. A universal bag may look better.

The bags and brackets are 6th Gen VFR800 (well the main part of the brackets, I had to get creative with home-made bits as well; the piece to the right of my licence plate will be replaced with a more elegant round/pipe bit at some point )

The pipe is an Akrapovic hexagonal that was made to fit.

I like the elegant solution on the 5th gen; wish I had seen that before...... :wacko:

You did 6G bags on a 4G, my Givi mount was a completely different set up. Your bags look great, I'd like to adapt the 6G bags to my bike, I know it's been done.

Archived