Pirelli Angel Gt's

• Member Contributer

Dropped 325 for a set of Angel GT's in preparation for a trip from Reno, Nevada to Ft Leavenworth, Kansas in 2 weeks. Will get them on tomorrow, and get a few miles on them before the ride. More to follow!!post-25378-0-03780900-1375158908.jpg

• Member Contributer

The boys over at Superbike really liked them. Possibly their favorite sport tire for the road. No full life test though.

• Member Contributer

So far they seem to fit the bill. About 50 miles of commuting. Next Monday starts the big ride to Kansas and back....1 week....will fill in throughout the trip....

• 2 weeks later...

Also curious about tire life. I've got 5500 miles on my bike and my tires are shot... especially my front tire... Not sure what happened but I blame the desert heat on my 3200 mile road trip last week.

• Member Contributer

Made it back this morning. Couple quick comments, more to follow.

3200 miles, over 6 days. The Pirelli's were spot on with 1 exception, flat spot wore in the first 1000 miles both front and rear tires. Rear tire sloughed off rubber that sprayed under the fender and on the swing arm. They handled the rain, straights, twities fine, but I was surprised with th wear patterns....

8 states, went to Kansas from Nevada via I-80, and returned to Reno via I-70 and Nevada Highway 50. 2/3 rds Freeway, 1/3 2 lane.

Soft luggage, minimal gear, 2 days at Levenworth, then home. Best part of the trip was the drive through The Rockies from Utah and Colorado, but US 50 was the best.

post-25378-0-53418200-1376888441.jpg

post-25378-0-53143800-1376888498.jpg

post-25378-0-50672500-1376888572.jpg

post-25378-0-28824800-1376888652.jpg

post-25378-0-76225300-1376888736.jpg

• Member Contributer

I will soon have Angel GTs on all three bikes as I bought a 150/70 rear for the Tiger. If Pirelli made a 19" front I would have Angel GTs all around. Too much rain and work this summer to get my usual 3-4K per month mileage in the mountains.

So do the GTs have much wear left after 3200 miles and did the flat spot affect handling?

KEB

• Member Contributer

Plenty of tread left, and yes, they are squared off a bit, does slow things up a bit, but they weren't a very quick turning tire anyway, something to do with the way the profile was designed. I want to get a track day on them before I pass final judgement, so, we shall see.

Got the Angel GT on the Speed Triple R instead. It's a better fit IMO, since it is more of an "extended mileage" sport bike tire. Decided VFR1200 will get the Roadsmart II, which is more of a sport touring tire. Really, splitting hair here.

Unless these two impress me more than Pilot Road 3 did, I'll probably go back to PR3 afterwards.

I'm really cheap so I got the last set of Angel ST's my local place had. So far I really like em, and the GT is supposed to be better in every way. Id imagine that on a medium size street sportbike the gt would be perfect, on a big bike like the 1200 or an ST I think they make a heavy spec tire.

Archived