Vf1000F Starter/kill Switch Question

tomk1960

• Member Contributer

The kill switch for my bike was broken when I got it, so I'm trying to find a replacement. The Honda part number is 35130-MB6-670. There are none on eBay right now, but there are plenty of switches for the V65 Sabre which look identical, but are part number 35130-MB3-771. Does anyone know if they're interchangeable? The switches on the smaller VF's also look the same, but all have different part numbers. I can't imagine why they'd be different, but maybe wire lengths vary from one to the other or something else more obscure sets them apart.

• Member Contributer

Unfortunately, the part is NLA and none are to be found in NOS condition. Plenty of the used ones from other VF's out there though. I think I'll buy one and if it isn't wired the same, I'll remove the switch mechanism and swap it over.

• Member Contributer

I have a CBR switch on my 1KR. I'd grab any old VF switch and swap the wires/plugs around if necessary. Main concern would be the length like you said.

I have a CBR switch on my 1KR. I'd grab any old VF switch and swap the wires/plugs around if necessary. Main concern would be the length like you said.

That's what I did on my VF750F as well. 98 VFR800 left switch control (to retain the choke lever; modified) with the VF wiring soldered in. See my VF thread for details...

• Member Contributer

I scored one of the lower priced V65 Saber switches with free shipping and will just swap over the actual kill switch into my housing since they're physically identical. I checked out mine last night and it looks like it will be an easy 15 minute job.

I like the CBR suggestion too. Probably a bit more modern looking?

• Member Contributer

I think Seb went with the newer, slimmer CBR-RR switches. I used the older style 954. Same size as the older Hondas, same as the VFR, but more modern look. I have a VFR800 switch on the other side to match.

I used a 98 VFR left switch and 06 CBR1000RR switch on right. The slim right switches are pretty much all the same from 93+, but the prices vary so I picked the cheapest one knowing I was changing the wiring.

• Member Contributer

Before my frontend swap I ran Nighthawk S switches on my R which matched perfectly but had a more robust starter button.

Archived