Vfr1200T When Can I Get It ?

Guest blackknight

Guest blackknight
Comfortable driving posture, enough horsepower, flexible manipulation, VFR1200T beyond ST1300 is looking forward to his listed, who know the specific time? Thank you very much

I would love such a beast, but if I was running Honda, I wouldn't spend money to put one on the road right now, as that segment of the market has pretty much disappeared. 'Sport' touring has been eaten up by the large displacement 'Adventure' class (IMHO) and the fat part of the growth market (non cruiser) is smaller displacement stuff, which is what Honda is foisting on us right now (700cc, 500cc, 300cc, etc,).

In the mean time, the BEST setup I can find out there right now is STILL my 6th gen with ABS and OEM hardbags !! :wub:

That said, I'm booked for a test drive of a BMW 800GT June 2. It has the (more) upright ergos, no chain :woohoo: , but it is down on HP, and the sidebags are a bit small. Let's keep and open mind and wait for the test ride.

Brian

...or in my case wait for an updated HONDA ST1300 with the DCT automatic transmission -- right now, I have a 2013 TRIUMPH Trophy and a 7th

gen VFRf -- the former is the best touring bike I've ever had, the latter the smoothest transmission I've ever used -- I'll keep these two forever

until and unless some manufacturer figures out a way to combine the best of both into one.

If anyone can do it, I'm guessing it might be HONDA -- BMW, after all, is still trying to come up with a smooth transmission ( I know...I've had

five of 'em over the years ).

Or wait for the Crosstourer to hit NA????

2nd the motion.

I kind of figured that ship had sailed, but we can always hope...

^ I kind of like that but I'm not holding my breath as it's just a photo.

A 3+ year old photo at that. They've been talking about the T version coming out since the VFR1200 was released in 2010.

• Member Contributer

Or wait for the Crosstourer to hit NA????

The OP is in China not NA...

Interesting idea... bigger fuel tank, bigger saddlebags, bigger fairings, motorized windscreen, etc. etc. All add up to more weight. Hmmm...

Archived