What Is A Fair Price For Used 2012 7Th Gen?

I'm thinking of trading up to a 2012 VFR, trading in my 2007. I have seen one that is listing for 11,400, with 4k on the milage. I'm sure they will come down a bit as in any trader negotiation, but just wondering what a fair offer would be? Is all stock and in excellent conditon by the way.

I missed out on all the rebates/clearance pricing for the 10's, and these aren't discounted as of yet,for a brand new one anyway.

• Member Contributer

Who is they, if its a dealer there gonna use Kelly Blue Book or something similar but make sure you use the same book for your trade in value.

• Member Contributer

I think we have a member that is going to sell his '10 for $9500 or so. It only has 2700 miles. I'll PM you his email to see if you are interested.

Why do you say you missed out on all the rebates/clearance pricing for the 10's. There are still some leftover '10 brand new sitting on the showroom floor. What I do notice is that those are typically held by dealers that just don't want to deal. There are a couple here in town that still want $12k +TTL. I told them they are gonna keep them forever if they want that kinda price. Heck, I'm starting to see '12 leftovers getting some healthy discounts already.

• Member Contributer

Remember, the 13's are hitting the showrooms now. You can find brand new 0 mile 12's still in the crate for 11k OTD right now. Ask me how I know.

Sent from my crazy hand held thingy using Tapatalk 2

Why do you say you missed out on all the rebates/clearance pricing for the 10's. There are still some leftover '10 brand new sitting on the showroom floor. What I do notice is that those are typically held by dealers that just don't want to deal. There are a couple here in town that still want $12k +TTL. I told them they are gonna keep them forever if they want that kinda price. Heck, I'm starting to see '12 leftovers getting some healthy discounts already.

I say missed out, because at the time that most of the clearance pricing was going on for the 10's I wasn't really in the market to change bikes. Unfortunately, there never are many in my area anyway, so whether it's a leftover 10 or 12 it will require a bit of travel. So since a used 12 popped up literally down the street, I thought it might be a good time to go for it.

Remember, the 13's are hitting the showrooms now. You can find brand new 0 mile 12's still in the crate for 11k OTD right now. Ask me how I know.

Ok, I'll ask, how do you know? Where did you get yours?

demo at dealer with less than 200 miles in wichita, ks. full manual $9,999

http://wichita.craigslist.org/mcd/3789904114.html

http://www.motorsports-ks.com/

peimei

Thanks, for the tip.

• Member Contributer

DFW Honda, ask for Charles, 11313 otd. 2012 with 0 miles, full warranty, still in the crate, prepping her today, I pick her up tomorrow morning. Local dealer wouldn't budge. I will travel about 2 hours to save 2k instead of using my local dealer. Hope this helps.

Let me know if you call him so I can get some referral goodies from him lol. I need a center stand now. Sucks that the 7th gen doesn't come with one.

• Member Contributer

DFW Honda is where I bought my 94 !

The owner is the son of Al Lamb (of Al Lamb's Honda - one of the largest Honda dealers in Texas.)

Terry Poovey a famous flat track racer was teh head mechanic at DFW Honda when I lived in TX, Terry has since been severly injured in a racing incident and I lost track of his progress.

Mark Lamb is the owner I believe. Great group.

Enjoy the ride home and try to stay off of I-35 :cool:

New York Honda/Yamaha in Long Island City will sell you a brand new 2013 with clutch shift for $13,780 or DCT for $15,200

• Member Contributer

DFW has one left in a crate for the 11313. That is the last 12 standard they have. Someone go save it lol.

• Member Contributer

DFW has one left in a crate for the 11313. That is the last 12 standard they have. Someone go save it lol.

thinking I will hold out for a leftover 13 a few years down the road since I missed out on sweet 98. Love the black but blue is sweet!

• Member Contributer

thinking I will hold out for a leftover 13 a few years down the road since I missed out on sweet 98. Love the black but blue is sweet!

Thanks pw and sorry, Adam was quick. He was grinning from ear to ear after he test drove it so I think he is gonna like it. I do like the black better but I like the blue also and the price was damn hard to pass on. I will keep my eyes open for a clean 5th gen for you though. They do come up around here once in a while and for pretty good prices.

• Member Contributer

Something to keep in mind is the cost of insurance. Here in Dallas, a '12 costs almost twice as much to insure as a '10. As for the bike itself, pre-owned mint condition '10's are routinely selling for $9k now. A new '10 will typically run at least $3k more because a lot of dealerships that still have them are unwilling to budge on price. Sooner or later they're gonna have to bite the bullet and just take a loss on them. As for '12's, the best price I've seen for a new one is $11k. Pre-owned '12's in mint condition can go for as low as $10k. All of these are for non-DCT's.

If you get a pre-owned 7th gen, take into account how close the bike is to needing the 16k service. It runs $800-$900. No joke.

• Member Contributer

I just insured my fz6 and my 12 VFR with full coverage, disappearing deductibles, and 3k accessory coverage each for a total of 580 for the year. The 12 was not much more than my 07. Progressive has some pretty good rates.

In Feb 2013 from a dealer in State College, PA, I bought :

$10,999 (new 2012 VFR 1200)

$ 149 (Set up)

$ 189 (installed centerstand)

$ 835 shipping to AZ

Added:

Givi windscreen $119

Heli Bars $298

Knight Blue 1" drop pegs $149

Honda Bags $1100

In the process of upgrading the seat - priceless.

• Member Contributer

I just insured my fz6 and my 12 VFR with full coverage, disappearing deductibles, and 3k accessory coverage each for a total of 580 for the year. The 12 was not much more than my 07. Progressive has some pretty good rates.

I live in Dallas proper. If I lived in rural Oklahoma, I'm sure my rates would be significantly lower (more in line with what you're paying.) My VFR800 is insured through Progressive, too.

In Feb 2013 from a dealer in State College, PA, I bought :

$10,999 (new 2012 VFR 1200)

$ 149 (Set up)

$ 189 (installed centerstand)

$ 835 shipping to AZ

Added:

Givi windscreen $119

Heli Bars $298

Knight Blue 1" drop pegs $149

Honda Bags $1100

In the process of upgrading the seat - priceless.

I looked into buying that bike from Track 'N' Trail but, ultimately, I decided to put those plans on hold. If I do get that '12 next year, I'd paint the rear cowl blue, put on a DAM can and get a Thurn fender eliminator kit. That's it.

2012HondaVRF1200F_zpsac50df59.jpg

That is the dealer I bought it from. I actually bought it in Jan 2013 - it took 3 weeks to get to AZ by the shipper. If they have another one and you elect to pull the trigger, this is an excellent place to do business. E-mail me for recommendation on the shipper. Found an excellent one - enclosed shipping, perfect condition when it arrived.

• Member Contributer

That is the dealer I bought it from. I actually bought it in Jan 2013 - it took 3 weeks to get to AZ by the shipper. If they have another one and you elect to pull the trigger, this is an excellent place to do business. E-mail me for recommendation on the shipper. Found an excellent one - enclosed shipping, perfect condition when it arrived.

I was gonna take a week off work, take a Greyhound up there and ride back. I once did a 600 mile trip (through Illinois, Wisconsin and Minnesota) in 30 degree weather. Cagers were giving me the "are you out of your mind?" look. LOL.

• Member Contributer

Something to keep in mind is the cost of insurance. Here in Dallas, a '12 costs almost twice as much to insure as a '10. As for the bike itself, pre-owned mint condition '10's are routinely selling for $9k now. A new '10 will typically run at least $3k more because a lot of dealerships that still have them are unwilling to budge on price. Sooner or later they're gonna have to bite the bullet and just take a loss on them. As for '12's, the best price I've seen for a new one is $11k. Pre-owned '12's in mint condition can go for as low as $10k. All of these are for non-DCT's.

If you get a pre-owned 7th gen, take into account how close the bike is to needing the 16k service. It runs $800-$900. No joke.

I added the VFR1200 to my insurance policy recently (Dallas) and it went up $17 a month for it. That is full coverage with UIM, etc. I have a '09 R1 and a '10 Zuma 125 also. I pay right at $1400 for all 3 but the R1 is by far the biggest portion of that. The VFR wasn't shit to insure.

• Member Contributer

What I found out after shopping around some is that some companies consider the 1200 as a high performance bike. I have been with Allstate for years. When I got a quote for the 1200 they wanted almost 1300 dollars a year to insure it. State farm was the same way. Luck of the draw I guess and I am happy with 582 for both bikes for the year with full coverage, uim, and 3k accessory coverage.

Archived