7Th Gen Assembly Plant Video

Cogswell

• Member Contributer

Didn't see this posted elsewhere . . . I found this short video of Honda's 7th gen assembly plant - thought people might enjoy it.

• Member Contributer

Thats cool. But - at 27 second mark - is that a CHAIN i see on the bike in the pic?

Yes it is and also at the :45 second mark...

post-23057-0-67810000-1365308552.png

Thats cool. But - at 27 second mark - is that a CHAIN i see on the bike in the pic?

Um, explanation please!?!?!! Anyone know? Is that a CBR of some kind?

• Member Contributer

According to Sheryl Crow, A Chain Would Do You Good. ... or something like that. :cool:

That is odd. After all, this is a VFR1200 ad.

• Member Contributer

Um, explanation please!?!?!! Anyone know? Is that a CBR of some kind?

I don't have one, I am just an observer and this is supposedly the VFR1200 assembly line

I spent about 30 minutes on google looking for anything about Honda 1200s with chains, and pictures of honda bikes to try to find that swingarm shape. No matches...yet. Wonder if the Kumamoto factory also makes the CBRs?

Frame looks to be the same, tire too, but black wheels with a different pattern. Found some CBR pics that look kind of similar swingarm-wise, and a crosstour prototype with a chain, but a different SA shape. WTF?

I spent about 30 minutes on google looking for anything about Honda 1200s with chains, and pictures of honda bikes to try to find that swingarm shape. No matches...yet. Wonder if the Kumamoto factory also makes the CBRs?

Frame looks to be the same, tire too, but black wheels with a different pattern. Found some CBR pics that look kind of similar swingarm-wise, and a crosstour prototype with a chain, but a different SA shape. WTF?

Possible a CBR for the local market (Japan).

The VFR 1200 for Japanese market also looks different (example: the engine casing is Black - not the Titanium look you have on the export)

• Member Contributer

Okay, think I got it. CBRs are made in the same factory. Looks to be a pre-2012 1000RR, at least as far as I can tell.

That makes a bit of sense since the video was uploaded in Feb of 2010....

Archived