Shipping Time On Dam Exhaust?

Jessman

How long did it take your Dam Exhaust to be shipped

To the US? The bpost tracking number l was sent seems completely useless as it only says" item sorted by x parcel sorter", then says item information was registered manually ... Whatever that means... No delivery date or anything useful. I am in NY

• Member Contributer

Oh well there still making snow. I think there closed !!!!!

DAM EXHAUST Home - DAM Exhausts
Closed: 29 march up to and including 2 April DAM is a Belgian product. We
manufacture stainless absorption exhaust since 1989. The exhausts are
completely ...

www.damexhaust.com/index.php?lang=en -

My exhaust has already shipped the end of last week... Just wondering how long it has taken people in the US to get theirs once

Shipped? Hell my order was accepted by David on Feb 16th.

• Member Contributer

When I ordered mine, I had the same issue with the BPpost site.

David did expedite my shipment, it took 4 days to arrive in Oklahoma City from Belgium. The BP site said it was a sorted order until it showed up.

• Member Contributer

Same experience. The tracking site made it seem like it was going nowhere and then it suddenly showed up at the door. Took about two weeks - Belgium to Toronto. Shipped in February.

• Member Contributer

My state-side shipper was DHL.

Tip of the hat to those guys... called me to tell me that the package was at my house, I was at work. He had to have a signature and dropped it off at the shop after he was done for the day. Incredible service.

• Member Contributer

Did the post office deliver the package or was it another delivery service?

It was the the Post Office in my case. I was not home at the time so they just dropped it off around the corner at the nearest Postal Depot where I picked up the next day.

• Member Contributer

It was the the Post Office in my case. I was not home at the time so they just dropped it off around the corner at the nearest Postal Depot where I picked up the next day.

Sounds like your national postal service works quite a bit better than ours. If that happens here, you have to go to the post office during their limited hours and pick it up. Lots of times they will not be able to find your package...

• Member Contributer

Sounds like your national postal service works quite a bit better than ours. If that happens here, you have to go to the post office during their limited hours and pick it up. Lots of times they will not be able to find your package...

A few differences 2thdr. I understand in the US you still get Saturday delivery to your home, we do not. In fact many who live in homes built in the last 15 years do not get home delivery at all. The post office has set up community lock boxes on street corners for every 25 or so homes and you go there to pick up mail. If its a package they drop a key in your regular lock box and it will open a much bigger box in the same unit that will hold a package. The deficit the US Postal Service runs looks huge as well which is not a major issue here. I find the system does work pretty well for stuff I have shipped via Canada Post.

• Member Contributer

A few differences 2thdr. I understand in the US you still get Saturday delivery to your home, we do not. In fact many who live in homes built in the last 15 years do not get home delivery at all. The post office has set up community lock boxes on street corners for every 25 or so homes and you go there to pick up mail. If its a package they drop a key in your regular lock box and it will open a much bigger box in the same unit that will hold a package. The deficit the US Postal Service runs looks huge as well which is not a major issue here. I find the system does work pretty well for stuff I have shipped via Canada Post.

That was how it was when I lived in Washington state...in the newer housing editions the post office installed the boxes like you described. If they would have been updating neighborhoods across the country this way for the last 20 years, and utilitzing other efficiency generating measures, they might not be in the dire straights they are in right now!

Archived