Cbr900 Clocks On 4Th Gen Help Please

• Member Contributer

Has anyone fitted a set of cbr900 clocks to the 4th gen vfr if so please tell me as i would like to do this.

Thanks George.

Hi George, yes it has been done but I can't recall who did it... I have CBR600F4i clocks for mine, that is a fairly straightforward conversion.

Seb will probably know.

• Member Contributer

I have the 900 clocks fitted.

There are a few versions to choose from.

I left the recent digital speedo readers for the analogue version which uses the 4thgen speedo reader from the front sprocket.

The other similar type avaliable is one that uses the 3rd gen style cable speedo from front sprocket also.

Its pretty much a bolt then wire in. I jotted down the wire colour comparisons if you struggling.. but its not tricky as Honda wires are almost the same.

DSC00642.JPG

Now have cut off every thing apart from the rev and temp dials.

Now using my iphone for a gps speedo, if i ever need to. It sits nice on the left there.

Again i have tidied things up some, but no shot avaliable here of the latest work..

Here was the test fit a year or 2 ago..

post-5025-0-74532100-1358273972.jpg

A few bits to finish, as ever, but it all works well.

May well be changing bodywork again for something Honda.. will see...

Hey George, I did the '98 CBR900 clocks on my 4th gen here:

http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/index.php/topic/48275-95-vfr750-conversion/page-4

I think everything worked as I described there, I needed a speedohealer to correct the speedo and odo, and a temp gage from a '98 CBR (screws right into the VFR motor same as the VFR one). I've since wired it all directly into the harness.

The only thing that didn't work out for me is that the trip meters reset every time I turn the bike off...

If you have any questions let me know

• Member Contributer
The only thing that didn't work out for me is that the trip meters reset every time I turn the bike off...

According to the Haynes manual, there is a solid red wire on the '98 CBR900RR instrument cluster that is supposed to be hooked up directly to the battery--that is likely for the trip memory and clock (if any).

Ciao,

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

Hey George, I did the '98 CBR900 clocks on my 4th gen here:

http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/index.php/topic/48275-95-vfr750-conversion/page-4

I think everything worked as I described there, I needed a speedohealer to correct the speedo and odo, and a temp gage from a '98 CBR (screws right into the VFR motor same as the VFR one). I've since wired it all directly into the harness.

If you have any questions let me know

thanks for the info matt i will use the earlier cbr900 clocks which have the analogue speedo i will put the vfr fj/fk speedo mount from the gearbox that way i can use a cable also i will not have problems with the odo meter resetting if i use the cbr900 94 clocks as for the temp guage i will see what happens if it reads wrong i will use your info on the temp sender.i like your vfr 4th gen very nice.

Archived