Powerlet Heated Gear Group Buy...12/31/2012 Expiration

Tightwad

• Member Contributer

If I'm reading correctly, one instance of burning is by a vest with no temperature control and the other is with a home made control that may or may not be appropriate for the gear?

Umm...

A hot spot will be a hot spot, unless the controller has found a way to localize the dissipation in one section of wire. I'm using the same type of controller on two sets of hand grips without issue.

Glenn

Edit: I was wearing a long sleeve Tee underneath, a light sweater over, my 'Stich and my rain jacket. Any more insulation and I would have been spherical.

• Member Contributer

Glenn, guess you got a bad one? Was yours the "micro-wire" type? And was it always like that, or did it develop the hot spot over time?

• Member Contributer

48F and you wore heated gloves ?

That's 2 degrees below freezing here. I turn blue. :pissed:

About 6,980,000 results (0.32 seconds)
Search Results
    • TemperatureLengthMassSpeedVolumeAreaFuel consumptionTimeDigital Storage
    • CelsiusFahrenheitKelvin
      =
      CelsiusFahrenheitKelvin

2 degree's below what ?

• Member Contributer

Glenn, guess you got a bad one? Was yours the "micro-wire" type? And was it always like that, or did it develop the hot spot over time?

Well, as said, it was a local brand of jacket (those in eastern Canada may be able to guess the make). I got what I paid for, I suppose.

The wires were fairly bulky, much more noticeable than some of the newer brand names. It was OK on local rides, but when the power got turned up, the limitations showed.

Interestingly, the hot spot wasn't obvious on the workbench when I got back. Either I just couldn't find it, or the wires moved around when I packed it for the trip back. Let's just say I didn't consider their tank bags last September.

Glenn

Archived