Pazzo Ifx Levers

OrdinaryAverageGuy

• Member Contributer

I put on some new Pazzo IFX levers, the IFX series is made up of the Candy Colors. I bought the Candy Red to go with my ’07 red VFR, you can see in the pictures that the color matches pretty well.

I was one of those guys that were constantly being “corrected” in my MSF class, (taken in ’06), to cover the brake and clutch lever with all four fingers. So far I love the feel of them as they suit my style much better. Can’t believe I waited this long.

I am well aware of the debate on these Forums over Pazzo’s vs Chi-zzo’s, this is the way I choose to go so no comments like: “OMG dude…..I can’t believe you spent that much when you could have gotten the same thing for $101.95 less on Flea-Bay”. J/K Go ahead, I can take it. :ph34r:

Stock vs Modified

DSCF0292a.jpg

DSCF0294a.jpg

DSCF0317a.jpg

DSCF0315a.jpg

I tried to get a shot of these in the sun but just couldn’t get it to turn out for what I was seeing; they look really good in the sun…..

DSCF0299a.jpg

……. just like the paint on the ’07, you have to see it in person, in the sun, to really see how nice it looks.

DSCF0339a.jpg

I also replaced the grips with Driven Racing D3’s. They look nice on my bike but the jury is still out as to the feel, so far I like the feel, (much better than stock), but I need to take a longer trip to really find out. Unfortunately the season is almost over here in MI so it may have to wait until spring for that.

I wanted to keep the stock bar inserts for weight and vibration dampening, so I ground the shoulders off

DSCF0306a.jpg

I removed the nut from the bar ends and screwed the stud into the bar insert…..

DSCF0309a.jpg

....then slid the whole assembly in and tightened it up, works great. The bar ends are also from Driven, I would say about a medium weight; they have a slight orange tint to them, in the right light, but I think they look ok.

DSCF0311a.jpg

• Member Contributer

I have two VFRs. One has Pazzos, the other, as you so eloquently call them, Chi-zzo’s. They look very similar, but there are a few differences. Of note - I have had the Pazzos a lot longer than the knockoffs.

1. The knockoffs fade. The Pazzos retain colour they had the day I purchased them. The knockoffs are already showing signs of fading. Colour on the knockoffs isn`t as vibrant as the Pazzos

2. The knockoffs feel a little looser - wobblier. Not quite as sturdy. So far this has not been an issue - I don't notice when riding, only when standing beside the bikes comparing them.

3. The knockoffs are significantly cheaper.

Beyond that, the levers seem identical. The knockoffs seem to use the identical template as the Pazzos. Is it worth the coin? That's really a toss up. I don't regret picking up the Pazzos because it was significanatly faster shipping (and I didn't want to wait four to six week for a shipment from China). On the second bike it wasn`t an issue to wait for the shipment. The key is that the levers fit my hands - stock levers do not adjust in close enough for small hands.

Your milage may vary.

• Member Contributer

ASV shorty levers recently added, fully adjustable, I am very happy with them after two 100 mile + rides. I find that I adjust them during the ride depending on how my hands feel. This is great and I always thought the stockers stick out way too far. These were "refurbished" direct from ASV. They have some scratches/scuffs but not noticeable at all unless you are looking for them. $139 for the pair. Delivery was a bit slow but not too bad. Pazzo's look awesome though! Not a fan of all the cheap chinese parts out there, but that's just me.post-25672-0-91309200-1351822644.jpgpost-25672-0-79759000-1351822671.jpg

Wow, I like my silver ones but those red jobbers you got look FANTASTIC!! I also scored my Pazzos used so I got a deal on em. Also have a set of the china levers on the vf500 which look damn near identical to the Pazzos, actually have to hold them next to eachother to tell the differences. Much like Olive said they are a wee bit more loose but they seem just as strong, hell the adjustment on the cheapies even seems a bit smoother.

• Member Contributer

I looked at every option I could find for levers, there isn’t much available unless you check EBay, such as

…if I could have only found them in chrome to match my chrome mirrors….

Sharpa.jpg

there are pages of stuff there. I looked at the ASV levers but didn’t really care for the shape or look of them. A guy at work had Pazzo’s on his VFR, (he has since sold it), and I liked them. I read a lot about the Chi-knockoffs, I didn’t want them for several reasons but I knew I would not be able to live with the eventual faded anodizing.