3G oil change schedule

mk2davis

• Member Contributer

If you will note my posts, I use Mobil 1 15w50 synthetic for butter smooth shifting. :tour:

So smooth shifting in VFRs is all about synthetic vs. non-synthetic (which accords with my experience so far), not wear/viscosity breakdown/oil change intervals. Which begs the question: Is anyone experiencing smooth shifting with non-synthetic oil--and if so, which one?

So smooth shifting in VFRs is all about synthetic vs. non-synthetic (which accords with my experience so far), not wear/viscosity breakdown/oil change intervals. Which begs the question: Is anyone experiencing smooth shifting with non-synthetic oil--and if so, which one?

I've used non synthetic too (Shell Advance) and never experienced any difference in shifting. Full synthetic just lasts longer.

If you will note my posts, I use Mobil 1 15w50 synthetic for butter smooth shifting. :tour:

Shifting smoothness is really about the grip on the clutch, the more slippery the oil, the less clutch grip and smoother shifting.

I think the strongest clutch grip oil Ive used it Rotella 15w40, the shifting really sucks and is notchy as all get out.

Archived