1st Annual "HOG TIE" Photo/Report thread.

Yokel

• Member Contributer

Collage of the GoPro footage from the Harrison, AR VFRD meet up.

They say "a picture is worth a thousand words..."

If that's the case, this video has 7200 still images threaded together netting seven million two hundred thousand words.

Funnily enough, some of that scenery, some of the moments I still found myself at a loss for words.

All you guys that went to Arkansas the weekend of Sep 21, throw the pictures and lies up here!

A HUGE thanks to all those that came together for the laughs, fun and stories. Definitely a good time! Having so many from VFRD and their friends and family come along was a joy!

Stay tuned for the plan for next year.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

Gettin' a talkin' to from the Lakeview PoPo. Rush2112, HS, and Rob are gettin' edumacated 'bout the finer points of obeyin' the law...

Fortunately for all involved the officer was a gentleman, a fellow rider, and he let us off!

LakeviewPoPo

• Member Contributer

Yokel,

I tried to upload your ride icon into the Ride Icon Gallery with no luck. See if you can upload it when you get a chance to share with the attendees of this year's event.

http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/index.php/gallery/category/3-ride-icons/

• Member Contributer

Yokel,

I tried to upload your ride icon into the Ride Icon Gallery with no luck. See if you can upload it when you get a chance to share with the attendees of this year's event.

http://www.vfrdiscus...y/3-ride-icons/

Dutchinterceptor made that one. He tried to load it but no joy... I'll check w/ him again soon.

• Member Contributer

Hated to hear about that but I am kind of glad I was not the only one and very glad he did not cite anyone. Same thing with the Jasper officer however, very friendly, polite, and a nice guy. It did help when the rest of my group passed by me waving and I explained to the officer that I thought I was trying to catch up with them and did not realize they were behind me. He got a good laugh out of that. Sorry, no pictures of that incident though.

• Member Contributer

gallery_23869_6623_996621.jpg

Dinner at the Cliff House

gallery_23869_6623_1029132.jpg

She rides Pillion "like a Baws."

gallery_23869_6623_3108432.jpg

The Push Mountain group

gallery_23869_6623_764299.jpg

All Clear?

There are a few other stills on the gopro.. but they're all Adam79's nose...

• Member Contributer

Yokel,

http://www.vfrdiscus...y/3-ride-icons/

Dutchinterceptor made that one. He tried to load it but no joy... I'll check w/ him again soon.

Still not sure what's up with the gallery. Maybe HS can look into it when he gets back to civilization.

You can use my link below where it's hosted at photobucket for the time being. Just add IMG tags on either end.

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e81/Dutch9090/Arkansas%20Trips/Arkansas%20VFRD%202012/RideIcon.jpg

• Member Contributer

gallery_23869_6623_996621.jpg

Dinner at the Cliff House

gallery_23869_6623_1029132.jpg

She rides Pillion "like a Baws."

gallery_23869_6623_3108432.jpg

The Push Mountain group

gallery_23869_6623_764299.jpg

All Clear?

There are a few other stills on the gopro.. but they're all Adam79's nose...

Im very confused with your go pro by this point.

• Member Contributer

Thanks Jon. We did not catch everyone that showed up for the meet but here is one of some of the members that had dinner at the Hub after all the Saturday rides were done.

PS: My wife really wants to thank everyone for letting her "wanna be" VFR join in on the fun and for making her feel welcome. Too bad I can't get her 07 lowered enough for her to really ride it. The thing we really enjoyed about this meet is that there were different rider groups set up to accomodate different stages of riding experience from beginner to crazy fast. I really enjoyed the group that I was in. It was a good, comfortable pace and we were able to see some great scenery. Looking forward to many more rides and meeting many more members in the future. Hopefully this ride wil inspire other members who might be on the fence to "come out and play".

post-23180-0-85119700-1348453085.jpg

• Member Contributer

On-board with Rush2112 is now live. See post 12.

Pretty SWEET! I don't think that was Push Mountain though. That clip is another section of road. I was having a hard time figuring out if the GoPro was taping. The light would turn red, then start blinking, then I couldn't see if it was on. The Push Mountain segment, if it taped, would start out with me falling way behind the front three bikes. I was trying to put on my sunglasses after a brief stop to turn on the cameras. I catch up as fast as I could and we go through several series of turns, usually in sets of three, that were wicked FUN and we were all pretty tight through the turns. Should make for good video if it captured.

:wheel:

• Member Contributer

I forgot that we did get a picture of the "wall of shame" at the Hub. Glad that no one that showed up for the meet had to hang anything on that. I think we did have one member that almost had to hang a turn signal on it but not because of a close call. I will let them post that story when they get a chance :ph34r: .

post-23180-0-24870400-1348494460.jpg

• Member Contributer

gallery_19432_5583_103912.jpg

I believe this is on SR101, crossing the border...

gallery_19432_5583_46509.jpg

7 unique individuals, 6 different bikes... 3 gens of Viffers representing!!! Great Ride Group!!!

gallery_19432_5583_39812.jpg

I finally got rid of the last little bit of my chicken strips during Saturday's ride. HARD stop 2 miles from home toasted my rear... In this instance, I will concede there may have been smoke!!!

• Member Contributer

Geez, Rush! That's a dead tire!

I'm going through the video clips today trying to get some of the highlights.

I expect some rough edit tonight and something worth looking at sometime this week.

• Member Contributer

On-board with Rush2112 on Push.

This is raw. Audio sucks.

Too bad this is just riding a "connecting" road (27) to get to some good riding...

I forgot that we did get a picture of the "wall of shame" at the Hub. Glad that no one that showed up for the meet had to hang anything on that. I think we did have one member that almost had to hang a turn signal on it but not because of a close call. I will let them post that story when they get a chance :ph34r: .

Oh! That's my que. My RH rear turn signal came out on a ride. But hey, a little tape and epoxy later and it was good to go. I thought she held up good for the oldest bike there. DON'T POKE FUN.

BTW I have pics on my phone, however, out of nowhere it doesn't want to sync up to my pc, when I figure it out I'll post em up!

• Member Contributer

Sorry Rob, had to do that. Makes me feel better about getting stopped by the Jasper PoPo. I told you I always thought that the 4th gen had the best looking body style of any of the VFR's and I loved your bike. Looking forward to riding with you again in the future.

Archived