Reason #7 Why I Love My 1999 VFR800 - Rear Wheel Removal

indianagenius

Just can't appreciate enough the ease in removing the rear wheel. The centerstand and single-sided swingarm make this possible.

See pic. Noticed my rear pads were about done whilst cleaning up the interior of the swingarm. Ordered a full set front and back. Better safe than sorry, I suppose.

New rear tire gets mounted to wheel tomorrow. This is one of the few items I don't do on my own. I take it to "the man".

post-3159-0-59559600-1345993583.jpg

5th gen is easy, but 6th gen is even easier. Don't have to remove or loosen anything just pull the lug nets and pull the wheel,

Just so you know I'm within 20 miles of you and do all my own tire changes. You can bring yours if you want

5th gen is easy, but 6th gen is even easier. Don't have to remove or loosen anything just pull the lug nets and pull the wheel,

Just so you know I'm within 20 miles of you and do all my own tire changes. You can bring yours if you want

When are you available and how can I pay you? Beer? I'll send you a PM.

Wow, I wish my swingarm looked that clean. Nice.

The swingarm is clean because I freshened it up while the wheel was off. Kerosene and shop rags can do wonders. It is not a glamorous job, however.

When are you available and how can I pay you? Beer? I'll send you a PM.

I work til 5 mon and tues. off wed and thurs. no charge for vfrd members

Thanks to local VFR member and expert tire technician, gpd211, I have a new rear mounted all nice and pretty. Dave, I owe you a lunch. It was great to meet you.

post-3159-0-01177700-1346017249.jpg

Let me know if you guys are getting together to ride and want another to join in! I'm up in Lafayette, but I'm always up for a ride, espcially with other VFR riders...and in southern indiana! I'm not the fastest, I'm just out to enjoy the ride :)

BTW - Indianagenius, what tire did you end up going with on your bike? Just curious to get some input from others as I'm due for new tires soon. I'm tentativly planning on pilot road 2's but am always open to good recomendations. Also, what pads did you use and where did you get them? Thats on the 'soon to do' list also

Let me know if you guys are getting together to ride and want another to join in! I'm up in Lafayette, but I'm always up for a ride, espcially with other VFR riders...and in southern indiana! I'm not the fastest, I'm just out to enjoy the ride :)

BTW - Indianagenius, what tire did you end up going with on your bike? Just curious to get some input from others as I'm due for new tires soon. I'm tentativly planning on pilot road 2's but am always open to good recomendations. Also, what pads did you use and where did you get them? Thats on the 'soon to do' list also

Higgin,

I am running a Bridgestone BT-023 rear this time. It is a sport touring compound which is fine for my style of riding. I'm not the fastest, either. I have a son at Purdue. I may make it up your way as well. Please stay in touch. This weekend I'll be out of town (Michigan) on a family trip.

George

Archived