5th Gen OEM footpegs or aftermarket?

marriedman

Question

My bike came with solid metal foot pegs and they are letting too much vibration through to my feet. I was looking at the OEM ones on parts fiche and they look relatively nice. But I thought I would also gather some opinions of what everyone else is using.

Is there a consensus that OEM are the way to go or is there a foot peg that everyone agrees is better? Kind of like Condom mirrors vs. EMGO replacements situation.

Thanks in advance guys.

9 answers to this question

• Member Contributer

Get some CBR 600 F 4 pegs or 6th gen pegs. They bolt right up, look better than 5th gen and provide a better ride than solid aftermarket pegs.

• Member Contributer

If your after the vib kill the stock 5ths will probly do the best job. -Although I admit they look kinda clunky. I wouldnt mind trying 6th or F4 pegs awhile for grins.

------------------

Hey - how 'bout some diff peg pics on 5th gens?

I have been riding on the stock pegs since new but I have something new in transit from Hong Kong.

Here is a recent pic of my 98. I obtained an eight spoke rear wheel last year and I had the wheels powder coated last winter.

This is my 15th season with my VFR and it still makes me smile. :tour:

post-21620-0-91485700-1345679815.jpg

There are two different versions of the 5th gen pegs. Ones with the weight and ones without.

After people were complaining about vibration through the LH footpeg, Honda released the 2000 with a heavy weight bolted to the bottom of the LH footpeg.

They are easy to tell apart. Just look for the bigass weight on the bottom.

If you really want to get rid of the vibes, this is the best way to do it.

I have 1986 VFR750 pegs on mine, which are all aluminum and match the passenger pegs perfectly, but at 6,000 RPM or so there is definetly some vibes through the pegs. I just don't spend all day at 6K.

• Member Contributer

There are two different versions of the 5th gen pegs. Ones with the weight and ones without.

After people were complaining about vibration through the LH footpeg, Honda released the 2000 with a heavy weight bolted to the bottom of the LH footpeg.

-Yeppers - added the 2000 peg weights to kill buzz on the stock '98s, and it did the job. - (still goofy looking :rolleyes: )

My stock pegs were worn, so I tossed them. I mow have a set of FZR1000 passenger pegs on there. They bolted right up, but don't get excited, as they are solid ally.

I have 1986 VFR750 pegs on mine, which are all aluminum and match the passenger pegs perfectly, but at 6,000 RPM or so there is definetly some vibes through the pegs. I just don't spend all day at 6K.

Hi, so is this the only solution to the left peg vibration? I just noticed it really today,my bike has the extra weight added to the left footpeg,

still very viby though at certain rpms.

it's very annoying now that I noticed it,must check is it just very bad at certain rpms,you'd think adding some rubber mounting washers should ease it,but I suppose everything has been tried before.

Archived