6G Swinger on 5G?

KevCarver

Question

• Member Contributer

Swap out my 5th gen swingarm for a 6th gen unit:

Why do it?

Why should one not do it?

What problems are likely to come up if attempted?

13 answers to this question

Why are you thinking about it?

It's probably a straight swap, but being .750" longer will change the handling of your bike and you'll need a longer chain.

WHY? :huh:

BTW do u have one sitting around?

• Member Contributer

Just thinking about it.

I know Rob was going to give it a try, but ended up not doing it. I don't remember why.

Longer should improve handling?

Just thinking about it.

I know Rob was going to give it a try, but ended up not doing it. I don't remember why.

All your answers are to be found here:

http://www.vfrdiscus...m-on-a-5th-gen/

I got $50 burning a hole in my pocket if you want to ship me that swingarm! :ph34r:

• Member Contributer

Just thinking about it.

All your answers are to be found here:

http://www.vfrdiscus...m-on-a-5th-gen/

I got the 6G part that connects the engine to the swingarm. Kostritzer used that on his aborted attempt to build a 5G powered track bike with RC51 swingarm and I think 6G frame. The point of that is to eliminate the 5G foot pegs in favor of some bolt on aftermarket bits that may offer adjustability. He said it bolts up to the engine, but he wasn't using either Gen of SSA. Not sure if the 5G swinger bolts up to that ok.

I got $50 burning a hole in my pocket if you want to ship me that swingarm! :ph34r:

Swingarm wasn't mine, it belonged to Safe-T, don't know if he still has it or not. I gave it back to him.

The point of that is to eliminate the 5G foot pegs in favor of some bolt on aftermarket bits that may offer adjustability. He said it bolts up to the engine, but he wasn't using either Gen of SSA. Not sure if the 5G swinger bolts up to that ok.

Have I got something for you, I'll shot some pics and maybe post up about a possible run of these babies! :ph34r:

BR

• Member Contributer

I think I'm a bit lost. Don't all the VFRs have the two bolts for the rearsets on the frame? Something about the point of this swap went over my head.

*** Nevermind. Recalling when I had to replace my pegs on the 5th gen.

Archived