• Member Contributer

I hope to somehow include Keith(Ponrod) in this years event(TexasMac) which he helped make happen.

I'm open to any thoughts or ideas!

BR

Any way to add a plaque to the cross?

If so, I'm in for part of the cost.

Glenn

Great idea count me into ..........................

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

I hope to somehow include Keith(Ponrod) in this years event(TexasMac) which he helped make happen.

BR

Glenn

I'm in.

• Member Contributer

BR

Glenn

I was thinking of a CNC engraved slab of stainless to be added (bonded?) to the original cross (assuming the original is stainless...). Other ideas?

Glenn

BR

Glenn

I was thinking of a CNC engraved slab of stainless to be added (bonded?) to the original cross (assuming the original is stainless...). Other ideas?

Glenn

Sounds great, SEB does CNC stuff I'll contact him. Yes it is SS.

BR

• Member Contributer

Maybe someone (Baileyrock?) could take this opportunity to give some narrative history of the TexasMac event and the rider it was named after as it seems this was important to Keith. May you all remember him well...

From post #1 of the 2012 TMac thread:

Welcome to the official 2012 TexasMac Memorial Ride thread.

Event History

For some members who have no idea what the TexasMac ride is here are some details, Texasmac was a member here who was from *you guessed it* Texas who met Baileyrock and some others for a ride into the Tennesse/North Carolina Smoky mountains to ride the famous Deals Gap. He passed away in a bizarre accident when his bike went off the road and ended up on top of him. He was the first member at VFRD to pass away - it was a shock to many of us, and to those who where with him they decided to honor him with an annual ride to the same spot of the accident, where there is a cross placed in his name. Baileyrock has taken it upon himself to organize this event for the last nine years and each year it gets bigger and better, always with safety in mind so that what happened to Texasmac doesn't happen to another member.

BTW the picture at the top of this thread is the actual Cross Raising for TexasMac Event of April, 2004 which is what the T-Mac anniversary is based on. Bruce Williams aka TexasMac was Lost Dec. 27th, 2003 riding with Baileyrock(Kevin) and Hot Rodder(Ray).

Archived