Left side exhaust

• Member Contributer

Was there ever parts avail. to install a left side exhaust on 4th gen VFR's, I noticed on that German website that sells body panels had a photo of a 4th gen with left side exhaust. Has anyone done it or does clearing the swing arm create issues. Also what are those square bumps on the exhaust manifolds, those are kind of in the way for clean welding,

Chris

Oakland, Ca.

• Member Contributer

Two Brothers Racing full header system - they come up on ebay from time to time.

Someone was making an aftermarket left side system about a year or so ago...forgot the name but it was on eBay (UK). No idea if they're still available.

• Member Contributer

Sandy Bikes Spares has a left side exhaust kit. Their quality is not very good. Do a search on the forum for them Someone bought one and did a little writeup with pics. The bends and welds are nice, but there's a lot of blockage at the joints, or so I recall.

• Member Contributer

Just keep in mind that you will probably lose your centerstand if you decide to route the exhaust to the left side. I looked into it a few years ago with my 3rd Gen but I use my centerstand way too much. You are likely to run into the same issue with the 4th Gen VFR.

Rollin

Archived