Good bike cover for indoor use.

Guest Sneakers

Guest Sneakers

Can someone that has a high quality indoor bike cover tell me what size they ordered for our bike and how much they paid for it.

I just don't want order the wrong on and have to return it.

Thanks

Pete

Can someone that has a high quality indoor bike cover tell me what size they ordered for our bike and how much they paid for it.

I just don't want order the wrong on and have to return it.

Thanks

Pete

Here's a cover and size chart.... If all else fails call them. 703.327.9844 or email mailto:gezasales@gezagear.com

http://www.gezagear....ecoversizes.htm

• Member Contributer

68, the best indoor cover I've found is made by BMW :biggrin: It is just the softest quality, captures all of the dust dirt, etc and absolutely breathes fantastic. The price was competitive with aftermarket ones. I purchased it for my R1200s, specify it's for this model. It fits the VFR perfectly. (I have an 800, but it will easily fit the new 1200.)

The Honda VFR1200 accessory cover is really good. It is a perfect fit and even has a zipped pocket to go over the top box.

Recommended.

Call me a philistine, but I just use old bedsheets. It is an INDOOR cover, after all. Then again, I don't do woodworking or other super dusty/dirty stuff in the same room I store my bike in. I might have to sew two sheets together to fully envelope the bike if that were the case... :goofy:

Call me a philistine, but I just use old bedsheets. It is an INDOOR cover, after all. Then again, I don't do woodworking or other super dusty/dirty stuff in the same room I store my bike in. I might have to sew two sheets together to fully envelope the bike if that were the case... :goofy:

^^^^This is what I do.

+100 bike covers you buy tend to keep moisture under them even when there advertised not too, this caused corrosion as humidity in the air is the killer, Bed sheet is the only way to go for a indoor cover because you just want to keep the dust off & marks if people rub against bike, flannelet sheets are the best.

• Member Contributer

I throw a moving blanket over mine. Ever since I tipped the ramp and my shiny tank took one for the team...

It doesn't cover all of it, but more than enough to get the job done.

I used to use old linen bedsheets but i found that they were't overly good at allowing the bike to 'breath', they scratch the finish and if you catch them as you walk past they fall off. Hence migrating towards a properly designed bike cover. The bike cost £12k and its worth it :)

I just bought two (cheap) large red bath towels from Wall Mart. Less than $10.

I do the same thing, A twin size flannel mattress sheet (the one with elastic) fits perfectly easy to wash in the spring and cheep. If I am going to do anything "dust" I simply put a plastic drop cloth over them.

Archived