• Member Contributer

Thanks for sharing the video. Enjoyed it. Sounded good too. It however did have my butt puckered on a few of those turns/passes. :smile:

That was an exciting ride!......Just a bit of constructive criticism :rolleyes: .........consider using a little bit more lane discipline on your rides to avoid accidents.....

You can ride just as fast without going over the center lines so much.......

Beck

95 VFR

• Member Contributer

ok thanks from all the wanabe motorcycle instructors out there but it was the second time i have seen this stretch of tarmac also you can not ride to fast into the corners as there is a two hundred foot drop if you mess up all the way up the mountain.

• Member Contributer

...it was the second time i have seen this stretch of tarmac also you can not ride to fast into the corners as there is a two hundred foot drop if you mess up all the way up the mountain.

So it's your second time on this road. And you state that you weren't riding fast because it's a dangerous road. But then you cross the centerline all the time and pass in a corner. Hmmmmm....

ok thanks from all the wanabe motorcycle instructors out there

Welcome to VFRD. Hope you get to know some of us for more than a couple of posts before you go making assumptions and start things off on the wrong foot.

• Member Contributer

...it was the second time i have seen this stretch of tarmac also you can not ride to fast into the corners as there is a two hundred foot drop if you mess up all the way up the mountain.

So it's your second time on this road. And you state that you weren't riding fast because it's a dangerous road. But then you cross the centerline all the time and pass in a corner. Hmmmmm....

ok thanks from all the wanabe motorcycle instructors out there

Welcome to VFRD. Hope you get to know some of us for more than a couple of posts before you go making assumptions and start things off on the wrong foot.

listen i put this video on just for people to have a look thats all and now it is turning into a slagging match i dont need to be told how to ride my bike just enjoy the vid

listen i put this video on just for people to have a look thats all and now it is turning into a slagging match i dont need to be told how to ride my bike just enjoy the vid

I watched and enjoyed George. We could all do with some technique tips, so try not to take what these guys say to heart. That said, I am not commenting on your riding because there is no need to. We all learn at our own pace.

Now. I realise new cam means new camera. Yes. I thought you were referring to camshaft, that's how much I enjoyed the video and paid little attention to what you were saying.

What pipe do you have on the girl?

• Member Contributer

just enjoy the vid

I did enjoy the vid. Those are some very nice roads. Don't have anything like that over where I'm at.

Point is, people will make comments and criticisms about ride videos that aren't just about how great the road is, or the scenery, or how clean their lines were. Sometimes, they point out a bad technique or unsafe riding methods, because some of us like to promote better riding. We don't make fun of people for riding too slow or yell at people for riding too fast. Your pace is your own choice. But, f your ego can't handle people commenting on your riding, then perhaps you shouldn't post them.

• Member Contributer

I watched and enjoyed George. We could all do with some technique tips, so try not to take what these guys say to heart. That said, I am not commenting on your riding because there is no need to. We all learn at our own pace.

Now. I realise new cam means new camera. Yes. I thought you were referring to camshaft, that's how much I enjoyed the video and paid little attention to what you were saying.

Thanks mate i have a delkevic short silencer it comes with a road baffel wich is removable i removed it these silencers are cheap but the quality is very good.

i see you have a secret project vfr mmmmmm sounds interesting.

• Member Contributer

You seem very excited. Try not to slow down for the corners so much, you turn in far too early.

The sound is nice, almost sounds like you have no pipe at all...

seb the reason i turn in early is because i like lots of lean angle thats the best bit for me people say when you are on the track to stick your knee down then you can use it as a marker as to where your at if you look at mick doohan he used his knee but when it touched the tarmac he tucked it in to the side of the bike to gain even more angle his style was unique iam sure thats one of the reasons why he became multiple world champion by using more lean angle than the others means faster speed around the corner

buy the way i am open to criticism on this one lol.

You seem very excited. Try not to slow down for the corners so much, you turn in far too early.

The sound is nice, almost sounds like you have no pipe at all...

seb the reason i turn in early is because i like lots of lean angle thats the best bit for me people say when you are on the track to stick your knee down then you can use it as a marker as to where your at if you look at mick doohan he used his knee but when it touched the tarmac he tucked it in to the side of the bike to gain even more angle his style was unique iam sure thats one of the reasons why he became multiple world champion by using more lean angle than the others means faster speed around the corner

buy the way i am open to criticism on this one lol.

If you turn in later with the same speed you'll lean over more (unless you also hang off more)

As for crossing the center lines, would it help you to pretend there is a transparent wall between the lanes?

Hanging off means less lean though....but more tire contact patch. The whole point of racers hagning off their bikes in turns is to reduce lean angles and get maximum traction....Ergo, more traction = more speed possible at the turn??

Ultimately, the amount of lean that results could be dicatated by how tight the turn is

and how much knee (and elbow) a rider is willing to drag on the road surface.

Beck

95 VFR

I enjoyed the video. I thought your riding was fine, a brisk ride down a twisty road. I didn't see anything that was outrageous or particularly risky. Look forward to seeing another ride with your new camera. By the way, did you do any jetting changes with the new Delkevic, and if you didn't, does it pop on deceleration. Thanks!

• Member Contributer

thanks yes it does pop and i have the standard jets and filter just got my new cam today went to take a vid and dum me it was set in photo mode so tomorrow i will make another if it doesnt rain here

• Member Contributer

just bought a gopro2 motorsports edition i used the suction mount on the gas tank i also plugged in a sony ECM DS70P external mic you just make a small hole in the side case.

• Member Contributer

nice video, and it seems that you weren't crossing center line as much as 1st vid., great IMHO, hate for you to become a hood ornament.

• Member Contributer

thanks i can see very clearly when i cross the center line i would never do this if i thought it would put me in danger or others.

• Member Contributer

Nice second video George! :fing02: I found myself leaning into some of the turns at my desk here at work hoping somebody wasn't going to walk by asking me what the hell I'm doing! Makes me want to get one of those cameras.

Chuck

• Member Contributer

Nice second video George! :fing02: I found myself leaning into some of the turns at my desk here at work hoping somebody wasn't going to walk by asking me what the hell I'm doing! Makes me want to get one of those cameras.

Chuck

you could always tell them you have a slight balance problem and that the doctor recomended a swift ride on a vfr would cure it.

Archived