Need Battery

bsmitty902

• Member Contributer

yeah it sounds like it is coming from behind the dash.....I don't think i've had the recall had the recall done

Plug your VIN # in to this website and it will tell you if the recall's been done.

http://www.ahm-ownerlink.com/SEO/HondaRecall.asp?recallStatus=NO%20VIN&recallId1=NO%20RECALL%20IDS

If it turns out to be a battery issue here is a 14amp ytz14s gel for $38 shipped, I replaced my original Yuasa ytz10s with one and it seems to work fine. They also have the smaller 12 and 10 amp batteries.

Yep, sounds like the Blue Connector Ground wire issue which was covered with the Harness Recall.

Otherwise like me i just did the blue connector ground fix myself.

Here is the fix:

http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/index.php/topic/34394-6th-gen-blue-connector-ground-fix-how-to/

BR

Web site says it recall was fixed. Just tried to jump her and no go. And yes I know you shouldn't jump MC batteries, but I jump my stock one and it lasted 8 yrs. I'll try the 38$ battery first.

By the way what the general opinion on the lithium batteries? From those of you who got them. This last one wasn't a Yuasa and I still paid $80 bucks for it

Got new battery and she fired right up. Don't understand, had it hooked up to a battery tender all winter and the battery was only 2 not three yrs old. Wasn't a yuasa, but still should have got more than 2 yrs out of it. When I bought the bike I left her outside with a cover on and no tender hooked up. Would jump her one or twice in the spring, on second though I jumped her all the freakin time and that one went from 2003 till 2010. Anyway need to find some good road here in St Louis area.

May have been an internal short In between two cells inside the battery.

Vibration and heat kicks the crap out of MC batteries and sometimes they fail rapidly like that.

Get an onboard voltmeter and watch your voltage just to be sure.

• 5 weeks later...

Was it a Walmart battery? I've had four fail on me over the last few years, most recently the one in my CBR F2 today. Am searching for a replacement now--thinking LiIon.

'99 VFR800, '08 1125R, '06 675, '91 F2, '03 DRZ400

Archived