Doing Lots Of Mods Over The Next 3-4 Weeks

VFRBulldawg

• Member Contributer

Ok, I have torn down the suspension on my bike and already shipped off the forks and rear shock parts to Jamie Daugherty for a custom rebuild. Since I've got the bike apart I'm doing lots of mods. See below:

Mods completed prior:

Corbin Gunfighter seat

Throttlemeister

Motovation Frame Sliders

Givi V35 side cases on standard Givi PLX-166 side racks

K&N air filter

Lobstenders

Mods I will be doing over the next few weeks:

Having Jamie Daugherty rebuld the front forks and rear shock

Laser X-treme Exhaust

Installing a VFRness with a fuse block

Speedohealer

Kanadien Ken's Fender Elminator

Signal Dynamics Diamond Star Head Light Modulator

Signal Dynamics Back Off XP Tail Light Modulator

Installing Front and Rear Accessory Power Outlets

Installing Luggage Electronix Connectors to my tank bag, tail bag, and V35 side cases

Swapping out the Givi PLX-166 standard side racks with the Givi PLXR-166 quick release side racks

I would like to install a power commander but I have decided to put that off for a bit due to cost since I want to get a PC-V with autotune. Since I've got the bike all torn down for a few weeks can y'all recommend any other mods I should consider?

• Member Contributer

Ok, I have torn down he suspension on my bike and already shipped off the forks and rear shock parts to Jamie Daugherty for a custom rebuild. Since I've got the bike apart I'm doing lots of mods. See below:

Mods completed prior:

Corbin Gunfighter seat

Throttlemeister

Motovation Frame Sliders

Givi V35 side cases on standard Givi PLX-166 side racks

Lobstenders

Mods I will be doing over the next few weeks:

Having Jamie Daugherty rebuld the front forks and rear shock

Laser X-treme Exhaust

Installing a VFRness with a fuse block

Speedohealer

Kanadien Ken's Fender Elminator

Signal Dynamics Diamond Star Head Light Modulator

Signal Dynamics Back Off XP Tail Light Modulator

Installing Front and Rear Accessory Power Outlets

Installing Luggage Electronix Connectors to my tank bag, tail bag, and V35 side cases

Swapping out the Givi PLX-166 standard side racks with the Givi PLXR-166 quick release side racks

I would like to install a power commander but I have decided to put that off for a bit due to cost since I want to get a PC-V with autotune. Since I've got the bike all torn down for a few weeks can y'all recommend any other mods I should consider?

Basic maintenance? Plugs, air filter, oil and filter, coolant flush, brake/clutch fluid flush, brake pads, head bearings (Don't know your mileage, just throwing them all out there...)

Heated Grips

• Member Contributer

I'd like to get a hugger to keep the crap off my shock and exhaust. I'm not a fan though of the ones that fit over the existing chain guard. Seems there are few if any that fit ABS models.

• Member Contributer

Basic maintenance? Plugs, air filter, oil and filter, coolant flush, brake/clutch fluid flush, brake pads, head bearings (Don't know your mileage, just throwing them all out there...)

Heated Grips

^ this .... have good time 'dawg .... sounds like a lot of fun .... methinks you've got an understanding wife :fing02:

Heated Grips

This. Also, while checking out your leaky clutch cover issue at TMAC, I noticed that your girl could use a little TLC as far as cleaning... always good to do and easier when the bike is already apart for other things.

• Member Contributer

Heated Grips

Good idea. I'm at 23,000 miles so it's almost time to replace the coolant, brake, and clutch fluid.

I've thought about heated grips before. Do you have a recommendation on a set that will work with the throttlemeister?

Steibel Horn

Scott Chain Oiler

Voltmeter

A chain oiler and voltmeter would be nice to have but I think I'll put those off for now. The steibel horn sounds like a good idea. I'll look into that.

^ this .... have good time 'dawg .... sounds like a lot of fun .... methinks you've got an understanding wife :fing02:

I'm single so I get to spend my expendable income how I want to. Good thing for some recent OT. :biggrin:

This. Also, while checking out your leaky clutch cover issue at TMAC, I noticed that your girl could use a little TLC as far as cleaning... always good to do and easier when the bike is already apart for other things.

A very good point. I plan to give her a very thorough cleaning. So many times where I think about washing her I end up taking her for a ride instead.