GO PRO CHEST MOUNT VIEW

Guest 93Octane

Guest 93Octane

i filmed in 1080 using the gopro hd hero, no clue why its so pixelated. is the wind screen that annoying????

• Member Contributer

i filmed in 1080 using the gopro hd hero, no clue why its so pixelated. is the wind screen that annoying????

1. You may have filmed in 1080p, but the YouTube video I saw was in 360p, less resolution than an old tube TV. Not sure how to ensure you get your max resolution online.

2. The foggy halos around the mirrors when they are reflecting light tells me there might have been some schmutz on the camera lens or housing.

Good start. the windscreen made me a little seasick, but you're way ahead of me on the ride documentation front. :beer:

Guest 93Octane

this was just a short test with different angles, i always wear protective clothing.

i filmed on r5 and will be switching to r3, no need to film in 1080

i have to clean the camera eventually

i wasnt too sure about the windscreen, its ok if i was doing multi-cam but no just one angle

Guest 93Octane

ah, i exported to a .f4v in which is not full quality. i did this so i can upgrade quicker and easier, this is just a test for more than just angles and pov i guess

• 1 month later...

Kind of late entry to your post, but I would be hesitsant to mount your camera where you can read the speedometer upon playback. Unless of course you do not exceed the posted limits. It is my understanding that your camera can be impounded if the police seem fit to do so.

Before I was enlightend about showing speedo I made a few runs with chest mounted view. I did like the view but it blocked much needed air from torso (hot in summer) and somewhat limited the downward bend of the neck when chin bar touched camera.

Using one standard adhesive mount and the suction cup accessory I have established three mounting spots (five different views) for my GoPro on the VFR. When in use I can turn on/off camera in any position without stopping.

Here are my locations:

1) Suction cup mounted on flat part of tank north of the gas cap. Here I can set it to view backwards to rider (my personal favorite) or forward looking over the windscreen.

2) Suction cup mount to inside of windscreen with camera looking forward and over screen. There is some shake here but overwhelmig.

3) Adhesive mount on left rear pannier near latch. View forward shows left side of bike and rider with good effects of leaning and body movements. View rearward catches a little bit of muffler area but mostly what is behind you (duh!). Good mount for illuestrating acceleration/lean angles.

Lastly, I started using the fully waterproof housing for the GoPro. Gets rid of most wind noise but you can still here the motor some.

Good luck!

Redrider2011

• Member Contributer

Ya use the r3 setting for high speed. I use r5 on the windsurfer as its slow moving.

The sicky pads will hold as long you clean the area first and make sure the pad makes full contact to the surface your sticking it too.

• 4 months later...

Archived