Will any Honda 4x100 wheel fit the VFR?

PhatPat33

Question

• Member Contributer

I recently was getting some ice cream and a guy and girl with a pair of SSS street fighters show up. I'm checking out the set ups and they say that her bike is a VFR750 swingarm and his is a VFR800. I ask him about his wheels and he said that any 4x100 Honda wheel set up will bolt right on. The wheels here are 17 inch. The only thing he had to do was put a spacer in to adjust the center line of it. Anyone try this? I searched quickly but didn't see anything.

IMG_0052.jpg

IMG_0051.jpg

IMG_0050.jpg

IMG_0049.jpg

IMG_0047.jpg

IMG_0046.jpg

8 answers to this question

I think I just threw up in my mouth a little.

And yes, any 4x100 car wheel will bolt up, but the offset and spoke clearance, plus your ultimate centerline are all variables that need to be worked out.

And most of them are 7 inches or so, it's tough to find any narrower, though WORK wheels makes some in a 17x5.5

Scroll down for the post on the car wheels:

I know those 2 bikes from the streetfighter forum. Seth, I think is the guy's name.

Yes, any 4x100 pattern wheel will bolt on, but keep in mind that a VFR arm installed on a non-vfr can be offset so that the new wheel is not off center.

If you're talking about emergency use, then yes, you should be able to nab a donut from a Civic and make your way home if you have a flat...

I know those 2 bikes from the streetfighter forum. Seth, I think is the guy's name.

Yes, any 4x100 pattern wheel will bolt on, but keep in mind that a VFR arm installed on a non-vfr can be offset so that the new wheel is not off center.

If you're talking about emergency use, then yes, you should be able to nab a donut from a Civic and make your way home if you have a flat...

I thought a standard Honda car like a Civic or Accord uses 4x114.3 bolt pattern. I've never heard of any Honda cars using 4x100.

• Member Contributer

Most (if not all) Honda 4-bolt motorcycle wheels already have the correct offset.

Fortunately, nobody has suggested running car wheels with car tyres on VFRs...it's called going to the "darkside" in the Honda cruiser and tourer world. But they're doing it on ST1300s, so I think it's only a matter of time before we see the first "darkside" VFR. :ohmy:

Ciao,

I thought a standard Honda car like a Civic or Accord uses 4x114.3 bolt pattern. I've never heard of any Honda cars using 4x100.

Accord pattern is larger than Civic. Most Honda cars 1990-2005 used 4x100.

http://www.discountedwheelwarehouse.com/Honda___Vehicle_Bolt_Pattern_Reference.cfm

• Member Contributer

Thanks for the info. Not that I'd do it (mostly because I'm cheap), but it is amazing how changing the rear wheel changes the look of the bike.

As for the "darkside".... that'll never happen on mine!

Archived