Summer Pants

Willy

• Member Contributer

Now that summer finally arrived here in sunny California, I'd like to switch to a lightweight mesh pant. I've got a Tourmaster jacket and "warm" overpants I used all winter. The jacket liner pops out and it's great even in 100+ degree temps. The pants are not usable in this heat.

I commute daily and ideally I was thinking of a lightweight pair of mesh pants - bought over sized to use over my jeans so when I get to work I can still have a pair of "normal" pants to wear. I was thinking about something like these.. http://www.motorcycl...-Air-Pants.aspx

Anyone have any combination of pants you find good for summer heat?

As always - Thanks for any input - Ernie

Now that summer finally arrived here in sunny California, I'd like to switch to a lightweight mesh pant. I've got a Tourmaster jacket and "warm" overpants I used all winter. The jacket liner pops out and it's great even in 100+ degree temps. The pants are not usable in this heat.

I commute daily and ideally I was thinking of a lightweight pair of mesh pants - bought over sized to use over my jeans so when I get to work I can still have a pair of "normal" pants to wear. I was thinking about something like these.. http://www.motorcycl...-Air-Pants.aspx

Anyone have any combination of pants you find good for summer heat?

As always - Thanks for any input - Ernie

I like these.

http://olympiamotosports.com/mensairglidepant/menairglidepant.htm

I used to wear Speed and Strength the coast is clear textile pants both summer and winter, but I left them in Holland (I will be bringing them back this time)

They have a liner and are quite toasty in the cold, and for the summer months, there is a zip out 3 inch strip from above your inner knee, up your thigh and around the top of yer bum that has mesh. Very cool in the summer. I know what most folks say about the protection of textile and mesh, but the armor in these are very good (and adjustable) and they are way, way better than jeans.

they are not too pricey either. check em out.

+1......Me too on the Olympia Airglide 3. In Pewter/silver. Used them with shorts underneath last July on a week long roadtrip through Hot/Cold/Wet/ and Hotter. Not leather but no Heat Stroke either.

post-17037-0-53910300-1310474191_thumb.j

Icon Automag leather overpants. Heavy leather, knee armor and full length zippers down both legs. You can't do better than leather.

Alpinestars Bat Pants. All leather all the time, and I live in Cali...I'd rather have leather. It's way sturdier. just my .2

Jimbo

As I remember... there were a couple of east coast members who wore these "pants" a couple of years ago during the warmer months...

Can't argue that it would be cool in warm weather but in my opinion, like most textiles, you give up some protection.

japanese-wrestlers.jpg

I'll be running and ducking for cover now........ It's getting pretty boring this summer, I thought I would stir the pot a little bit.

• Member Contributer

Roadgear Mesh overpants here;

http://www.roadgear.com/airtec-mesh-pants-closeout-p-127.html

I like the brand because they'll do quasi-custom sizing where I say the waist and length and they work to accommodate. I have their regular over pants too which are great until it starts to get warm, then they're like wearing a sleeping bag. The company has been nice to work with. I don't understand what they're doing with so many items on close-out though...

I have a pair by Scorpion:

Scorpion Exowear Duece Pants.

I use them to cover my 'nicey nice dress pants' that I have to wear on a daily basis at work. They are a mesh pant with a zipper than runs up the side. So they are easy to get on/off with your shoes on. They also come with a removeable rain liner which also works well to keep you dry or warm on those colder days. They also have removeable CE race approved pads for the knees and hips.

Been using them for 4 years ... quality is great and they are really nice.

I'm using ICON ARC mesh Overpants. Wear them over work pants on commute and shorts for other rides. A little baggy but they are overpants. I had to get a belt to keep them in place; the ratchet strap they have on them is short of adjustment, would have been better with velcro tabs off the sides. The length is a bit long too, not when riding but walking. And you can't get them over boots. But other than that the airflow is good and the knee armor is fine once you get it adjusted.

• Member Contributer

Just ordered a pair of Olympia Airglide 3s from the local dealer. $170. Great price! MSRP is $219, and that seems to be what everybody else wants for them.

• Member Contributer

Thanks for the various inputs. I don't know much about leathers but I trust everyone when they say they're ' "the best" protection.

I like the mesh because of its airflow and how easy it is to adapt to temp changes with liners.

A couple of these seem to be recommended by several of you - I'll have a close look and see what Ii can find locally for fitting. Thanks again - this forum saves a lot of trail and error. Much appreciated. Ernie

• Member Contributer

As I remember... there were a couple of east coast members who wore these "pants" a couple of years ago during the warmer months...

Can't argue that it would be cool in warm weather but in my opinion, like most textiles, you give up some protection.

japanese-wrestlers.jpg

I'll be running and ducking for cover now........ It's getting pretty boring this summer, I thought I would stir the pot a little bit.

And Lee, I have to admit - as a guy I did have some hesitation asking for fashion tips... I'm Still wondering what boots to get next but would never ask my buds to tell me what shoes to wear.. :-)

Archived