What is your favorite controller for heated gear and why?

Ryanme17

• Member Contributer

My title pretty much sums up this entire thread. I need to pick up a controller for a heated jacket liner. Was just going to go with Gerbings because it's available at the local Motorrad dealer, and I like the warranty and prefer to buy local, but online has some deals and more options, different mounts, even remote controls??

So what do you like and why?

Only thing out of the question is the Tourmaster Synergy junk, this has to be an inline-coax type controller.

• Member Contributer

While it's nice to buy local, it's even better to support community. I just remembered that Tightwad is a Powerlet dealer. How is the powerlet stuff?

I like my heated stuff, controller worked great while in Colorado going up and down mountain passes.

I am going to post this in the deals section as well, but from now until May 31, 2011 you can get 10% off all Powerlet items purchased through my site. Use the coupon code "powerlet" at the final stage of checkout, or click this link to activate: www.wiremybike.com?discount_code=powerlet

• Member Contributer

I like my heated stuff, controller worked great while in Colorado going up and down mountain passes.

I am going to post this in the deals section as well, but from now until May 31, 2011 you can get 10% off all Powerlet items purchased through my site. Use the coupon code "powerlet" at the final stage of checkout, or click this link to activate: www.wiremybike.com?discount_code=powerlet

Tightwad to the rescue! I started this thread to see options, but within minutes, he had answered all of my many questions. This is the 4th time I've bought stuff from wiremybike.com and each time I am amazed by the service and whole process.

My title pretty much sums up this entire thread. I need to pick up a controller for a heated jacket liner. Was just going to go with Gerbings because it's available at the local Motorrad dealer, and I like the warranty and prefer to buy local, but online has some deals and more options, different mounts, even remote controls??

So what do you like and why?

Only thing out of the question is the Tourmaster Synergy junk, this has to be an inline-coax type controller.

must defend Tourmaster- bought a full jacket from a buddy and a year later the controller went out and they replaced it for free.

• Member Contributer

I used to know the guy who owns Warm & Safe, the Heat-Troller manufacturer. I haven't spoken to Mike for years, but I see that his business is still going strong (despite some ups and downs over the years following bust-ups with Gerbing and Harley Davidson relating to their switching to Chinese copies of Warm & Safe's designs). If you want to support motorcyclists who make cool (er, "warm") innovative stuff for us to buy, you could do worse than choosing a US-made Heat-Troller. It is also a very good product (I have several).

Ciao,

I just bought a JETT heated vest. It is awesome. It's a rechargeable unit that lasts all day long. No wires or things to get in the way and it has a small controller for inside of your jacket.

I bought the OEM heated grips and they work very well. They were expensive but they fit the bike well and look the part.

since this topic has degraded a bit....I find it interesting that heated gloves take 2 amp, where grips (Dual Star anyway) take 3. Jacket liners use 8, vests 5. I am curious about the JETT vest...not sure how much it can produce and still run all day on a battery pack. Sure is tempting, as I don't like being tethered to the bike much.

• Member Contributer

must defend Tourmaster- bought a full jacket from a buddy and a year later the controller went out and they replaced it for free.

How did you get ahold of them? There is no phone number listed on their website or anywhere that I can find, I have sent multiple e-mails to each contact address provided on their website and have gotten no response at all.

Back on topic, I want a controller that won't go out every year.

• Member Contributer

Another vote for Warm n Safe here.

I've used a dual Heat-troller for 4 years or so with heated gloves and vest (or jacket). No problems at whatsoever, and a good company to boot.

It uses some 'industry secret' infrared heating element.

I was skeptical but it really does work and easily works for 6-8 on high. High is so hot that it feels like I'm becoming the Thanksgiving turkey.

The other nice thing is you can have two battery packs so you could swap out during your day. It only takes 2 hours to recharge.

Having no cords is great since I like to jump off a lot and take pics. Great investment.

since this topic has degraded a bit....I find it interesting that heated gloves take 2 amp, where grips (Dual Star anyway) take 3. Jacket liners use 8, vests 5. I am curious about the JETT vest...not sure how much it can produce and still run all day on a battery pack. Sure is tempting, as I don't like being tethered to the bike much.

• Member Contributer

Never had a controller till this year.....just went straight pipes :fing02:

This year I picked up a remote wireless dual controller from Warm N Safe. So far it performs well and is easily moved between bikes. However I violated my number ONE "tour" rule.... do not add more batteries to the equation! Supposedly the small battery will last a season Mike says.

Primary goes to jacket liner and #2 goes to glove liners.

2945524810099738507S600x600Q85.jpg

Archived