How many bikes on a Kendon trailer?

SierraRider

• Member Contributer

Ok, I've done some research but am curious if any other Kendon owners or other brand folding trailers have dealt with this.........I'm planning on trailering 3 VFR's this summer. I have a Kendon dual trailer. I called Kendon and with 3 VFR's I'm OK with the weight limits. However, my question is has anyone fit three sportbikes on a Kendon? Google search got me two sites where I read that someone has done it, but I'm curious how they were set up and arranged. Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

post-6161-0-79979500-1303783322_thumb.jp

• Member Contributer

I'd probably put two bikes forward (using the wheel chocks) and then put one between them towards the back. Would have to angle the two in front towards the sides of the trailer to make sure you have the room.

• Member Contributer

NO on three VFRs on the Kendon.

2 KLRs and one tiny WR250. We had to cock the KLRs way over to fit the WR in and could not get it to the chock.

2950060410099738507S600x600Q85.jpg

2532883600099738507S600x600Q85.jpg

THis is what I do for three bikes.

2739344380099738507S600x600Q85.jpg

• Member Contributer

What BonusVFR said. A definite NO on 3 VFRs.

I had trouble fitting 2 VFRs in the bed of my truck (Silverado1500) to give you perspective. Even if you can physically fit them in, you will have issues strapping them down securely w/o rubbing/damaging paintwork.

A truck and a trailer is the best bet for 3 bikes.

• Member Contributer

If you've got a truck, you'll likely wind up with 2 on the trailer and 1 in the box, like the last pic above.

Where you going? Sturgis? :laughing6-hehe:

12158033031601578050619.jpeg

Thats a fact !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd probably put two bikes forward (using the wheel chocks) and then put one between them towards the back. Would have to angle the two in front towards the sides of the trailer to make sure you have the room.

I have not put a bike on a trailer backwards but I do know if you put a snowmobile on a trailer backwards without a cover the wind can damage the winshield and cowling.

• Member Contributer

Yes, thanks for the help. It looks like I have to go to plan B........bigger trailer. Didn't want to tow the larger trailer, but I know it will fit. Hoping to use the smaller trailer, but I can see.....it ain't going to happen.

answering Veefer800Canuck.......heading to Durango for some Colorado roads.

Archived