Staintune Exhaust

SilverBullet

Last year I noticed my down pipe on my Staintune exhaust was cracked next to a weld just before it enters the silencers. I read that there is a place in the states that will warranty the pipe but I cannot find the thread on the subject. If anybody knows what I can do to with the pipe I would appreciate it. Thanks

Last year I noticed my down pipe on my Staintune exhaust was cracked next to a weld just before it enters the silencers. I read that there is a place in the states that will warranty the pipe but I cannot find the thread on the subject. If anybody knows what I can do to with the pipe I would appreciate it. Thanks

I do believe you're looking for this: http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/index.php/topic/58931-staintune-warranty-service/

I welded mine and reinstalled it, that was a while ago I should probably check it again.

• Member Contributer

Depending on the version of the Staintune you have, they may either just re-weld it or remanufacture it to the newer design. The original design put a lot of stress on the pipe, the newer design has a large hole with a rubber grommet for mounting rather than just the bolt.

Mine cracked exactly the same and was remanufactured (and polished!) for free in 7 days, however I live in Australia where the pipes are made, so it was a tad easier! But like others have said, the US warranty guys seem really good.

• Member Contributer

Thanks guys, I think I bought the exhaust either late in 03 or in 04 so the exhaust has been on for a while. I will give Calmoto a call and see what happens.

I forgot to mention mine was 7 years old when they repaired it for free. Talk about service!

• 5 weeks later...

I agree! I had the same Great service from Cal Moto. My bike is an '02, I am the second owner and they still covered the down pipe. Shari turned it around in less than a week for me in Southern Cal, from removal / shipping / reistall.

• Member Contributer

Mine has a fairly large crack on the cannister. Wonder if they would warranty repair that. It's on the bottom facing the ground so it doesn't show up but does seem to be getting larger.

Mine has a fairly large crack on the cannister. Wonder if they would warranty repair that. It's on the bottom facing the ground so it doesn't show up but does seem to be getting larger.

I'd be very susprised if they didn't.

Archived