Can anyone Photchop me

CornerCarver

• Member Contributer

Anyone here have the time and talent to photoshop in these two sets of wheels on a 5th gen?

I think I want a silver or gray wheel but...haven't completely decided on my paint scheme yet so just pop these on a red 5ht gen....I can squint for the rest.

gallery_7288_2662_224919.jpg

Carro Duc-VFR.jpg

gallery_7288_2662_213042.png

OZ Forged.png

TIA,

carver

Not a photo shop guy but IMO only look at rc components for rims and roaring toyz for ideas.Those gold rims are just zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz boring !! You might as well just keep the stock ones.The first set is much better trick looking but sit tight and do some looking around at different designs seeing you want full custom rims and being different is just plain cool.I hear where your coming from. :) enjoy

• Member Contributer

I am going to convert my rear axle to a Duc single nut and regarding the boring OZ wheels, they are about half the weight of stock (actual measured weights at home on my desk) I put the gold ones on here because they photograph better than black

I think that rear wheel in gold that weighs 8.5 lbs with the right angle stem is gorgeous, twisted hollow spokes...but to each his own :fing02:

My link

• Member Contributer

I went to RC Components...only Harleys for the most part.

No wheels for Ducati or Honda sssa bikes...

• Member Contributer

This is the scheme I am thinking about but this pic is at a bad angle...any black or red 5th gen that you can find will work...

gallery_7288_5673_41438.jpg

VFR 800 Sample.jpg

TIA

• Member Contributer

By the way. If those OZ forged wheels are 8.5 lbs for the rear, not really sure I'd go for them, unless they're that cheap. The 848 stock rear weighs 9.5lbs, and the forged wheels are mid 7 lbs. And I'm pretty sure you can pick up Marschesini forged wheels cheaper than the OZ stuff.

Then again, this whole aftermarket wheel think is a bit funny. At the MC show, they had an R1 forged front wheel. A stock 848 rear wheel feels noticeably lighter. Gotta wonder how heavy the stock front is.

• Member Contributer

This is the scheme I am thinking about but this pic is at a bad angle...any black or red 5th gen that you can find will work...

gallery_7288_5673_41438.jpg

VFR 800 Sample.jpg

TIA

:fing02: I like that paint scheme ALOT :fing02:

• Member Contributer

not the greatest, but gives a decent idea. I had to thicken the spokes on the rear wheel as the perspective made them pencil thin.

Would have actually gotten it done a bit sooner, but I was busy trying to get a Yoshi egg in the wheel nut location.

gallery_12591_3544_411467.png

CCwheelchop.png

• Member Contributer

Okay, you caught me just leaving the office. Didn't spend a whole lotta time on it, nor searching for a specific colour. Hope this helps with your imagination and decision.

gallery_6587_3685_112126.jpg

5th Gen with rims.jpg

• Member Contributer

HA...Yoshi egg sighted.

Thanks Yosh and Didit...as much as LOVE :wub: that rear OZ wheel I think I am going with the Carro's

and by the way here is what I have found on the wheel weights (in lbs.):

Stock 848 BST carbon Marchesini Forged March. Magnesium OZ Forged Carrozzeria Stock VFR

Front 9.2 5.48 7.4 7.8 ?

Rear 9.6 5.97 12.35 10.65 8.5 10.2 ?

If I had $3,500 to splash on wheels I would get the BST's or maybe a real Ohlins R&T fork set up and custom triples...

edit:why did it take my spacing out from the wheel weights?

• Member Contributer

stock 848/1098 wheels can be had for $700 if you wait for someone to sell. Forged can be had for around $1200. Much cheaper than buying it straight up.

Archived