2011 Cleveland International Motorcycle Show (1/28-1/30)

Guest tpierce(MP)

• Member Contributer

I'll most likely be there. Not really much I'm interested in seeing this year. Would be nice if the RSV4 showed up. Otherwise, need to buy some gear. That is, if they don't mark their prices up %15 of regular price.

It would be myself, my dad, and the folks. Might bring a few other local friends along.

What day were you planning on going? I was going to drive back to cleveland friday night and go first thing in the morning, so I can make the drive back.

Not sure what day yet. I've never been, so if nothing else i'd like to just say that i have. Figured i get to see some cool motorcycles too. Still haven't seen one of the new VFRs in person yet.

I'm planning to go, but not sure whether it'll be Sat. or Sun. My wife and I are planning an overnight trip that weekend to celebrate our anniversary (a week late), so I'll have to work around that if I want to attend the show.

I've always wanted to ride to the show to see if they'll really honor the free parking for bikes, but the weather is usually bad that weekend. :sad:

Travis - We live about 40 mi. SE of the I-X Center (which is in west Cleveland, just south of the airport). It's not really on your way, but depending on our schedules you're welcome to crash at our place for the night while you're up north.

• Member Contributer

I usually go every year, and every year it seems to get smaller and smaller. They usually have a lot of vendors with gear, so if that's what you are looking for might not be a bad place to look around. Wouldn't mind meeting a few of you guys so I know who I will be riding with next year! Let me know when everyone is going and I will try and make it out.

Weather is usually really bad. I live 15 minutes away from the IX center and I have never ridden to the show.

I'm planning to go, but not sure whether it'll be Sat. or Sun. My wife and I are planning an overnight trip that weekend to celebrate our anniversary (a week late), so I'll have to work around that if I want to attend the show.

I've always wanted to ride to the show to see if they'll really honor the free parking for bikes, but the weather is usually bad that weekend. :sad:

Travis - We live about 40 mi. SE of the I-X Center (which is in west Cleveland, just south of the airport). It's not really on your way, but depending on our schedules you're welcome to crash at our place for the night while you're up north.

Cool, thanks Tim. I'll let you know.

• Member Contributer

I missed the Novi show so I'm considering Cleveland. Maybe I'll just wait and hit Chicago - or not at all. From what I've heard there isn't much interesting happening at the show this year. Lots of work to do back home so it's kind of hard to justify an entire day off like that!

I missed the Novi show so I'm considering Cleveland. Maybe I'll just wait and hit Chicago - or not at all. From what I've heard there isn't much interesting happening at the show this year. Lots of work to do back home so it's kind of hard to justify an entire day off like that!

You did not miss anything at Novi. No Triumph, BMW, Ducati or Aprilia/Moto Guzzi. Chicago is a far better show

Aprilia is supposed to be at the DC show, so I'm hoping a dealer makes it to the cleveland show as well.

I got to see/test-sit a new Aprilia RSV4 at The Iron Pony in Columbus last fall. Terrific looking bike, pretty small for a liter bike, too. The bike feels tiny when you're sitting on it, esp. if you're used to normal full-fairing machines.

I've seen/test-sat the VFR1200 a couple times, including at a local shop that had one for awhile. Still hoping to get a test ride on one someday. Ergos are very similar to a 6th gen, and it looks better in person than in internet pix IMO.

• Member Contributer

Talking with the people who I would be bringing along, it seems like I would only be able to be at the show from 8/9am and would have to leave around 2 the latest.

• Member Contributer

I jus got back from the NYC show. Had a good time. It was much better going on Friday compared to Saturday the last couple of years.

Be sure to pick up a free guide and check out the IMS Pit Crew on page 15. The guy with the RWB VFR is me! :blush:

Can we get a head count on this. I'll be there saturday morning with my dad and a few friends. Shooting for 9/10am.

Still trying to figure out if i can get off work. If i can make it, was going to drive up and back Saturday.

No-go on the show for me after all. My wife and I are doing an overnight trip Sat. night, and we won't be back 'til probably noon Sun. At that point I'll have to start working on a case study project/presentation for grad school for Mon. night.

Hope you guys have a great time at the show. Safe travels, friends! :smile:

• Member Contributer

For anyone that does go, can you possibly grab me one of the free show guides they give out at the door? I'm in there under the Pit Crew Shout Out section.

I didn't realize until I was on the train on the way home after the NYC show, otherwise I would have picked up a couple extras.

But if someone could pick up one or two and mail them to me (I'll pay the mailing costs), I'd appreciate it.

• Member Contributer

But if someone could pick up one or two and mail them to me (I'll pay the mailing costs), I'd appreciate it.

No problem. I'll grab a few extras. Mail is cheap.

• Member Contributer

Looks like I'll be there either Saturday afternoon or Sunday morning.

• Member Contributer

Just in case anyone was interested, the show was a bit poor. Honda had a lot of choppers and dirt bikes, but not much else. The VFR1200 was there, and my dad got to see one in person for the first time, which was nice for him.

We have one of the largest BMW dealerships, and they couldn't be bothered to show up for the show. Aprilia, Ural, Guzzi, and someone else were missing too, and probably another one as well.

There was one super moto in the entire place, from Yamaha. Not even suzuki had their ever popular DRZ400SM. Disappointing.

Triumph's Tiger 800 looks pretty good. But their new Sprint GT, not so good. Feels as heavy as the ST1100 now.

The apparel and parts dealers were getting better though. One stand was selling stuff for a sweet deal. AGV levers for $140. 2bros exhaust for $325. EXO750 for $210. AGV leather jackets for $200. Saw an RF1000 for $150. All in all some really nice pricing.

Marschesini was there with a demo wheel, but something wasn't right. Other than the stock wheel had wheel bearings and all while the forged was bear, the forged wheel still felt heavier than the 848 rear I picked up.

No posters, no race bikes, no worthwhile concepts.

• Member Contributer

No problem. I'll grab a few extras. Mail is cheap.

Did you happen to remember to grab these?

• Member Contributer

Did you happen to remember to grab these?

I did. I'll take a pic of it and post it up later tonight, if I get home at a decent hour. I'll mail it out hopefully tomorrow morning. PM me your address.

Archived