When

Friday, December 10

4:00pm - 9:00pm

Saturday, December 11

10:00am - 8:00pm

Sunday, December 12

10:30am - 5:00pm

*Show hours subject to change

Normally Keithbob takes the lead on this but i havent seen him on lately. PLEASE speak up if you would like me to set up plans for lunch at pyramid brewery???

• Member Contributer

I'd join you for lunch on Saturday if you put something together. Just let me know when you'd like to get together and how to find you. Thanks!...

• Member Contributer

I am planning on going, and I usually go on Saturday. But whatever day you make it I will plan on being there.

• Member Contributer

A little logistical question:

If I take the train from Vancouver Can to Seattle Wa, does it put me anywhere near where the show would be held or do I need to rent a car, making the train ride pointless?

Many thanks

Mike Sz

I believe the Train Station is in the same parking lot as Qwest Field.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=King+Street+Station,+Seattle,+WA&daddr=Occidental+Ave+S&hl=en&geocode=FR1L1gIdUGG1-CHhDcJpTNhHAw%3BFUU31gIdsVe1-A&gl=us&mra=ls&dirflg=w&sll=47.595785,-122.33205&sspn=0.005166,0.009645&ie=UTF8&t=h&z=17

There is a hotel on the same block too.

http://www.silvercloud.com/

• Member Contributer

Does not sound like BMW or Triumph were at Dallas Show.....not sure what was in Honda Booth. Wondering about going to Long Beach show myself.

Was at the moto beemer dealer yesterday, and a salesman told me BMW would be at the Long Beach show. According to him, they'll be introducing the new BIG inline 6 tourer and a new naked F800 with a small windscreen (similar to the F800 ST). Maybe the Long Beach show accesses a bigger market compared to Dallas, which makes it more enticing to manufacturers.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

If anybody would like to get together for lunch next Saturday, let's meet at the VFR in the Honda display at 1:00 pm and walk over to Pyramid together. 2 questions:

1. Is 1:00 too late? or too early?
  2. Do we need to (or can we) get reservations? I doubt it, but I could find out.

Dean

• Member Contributer

If anybody would like to get together for lunch next Saturday, let's meet at the VFR in the Honda display at 1:00 pm and walk over to Pyramid together. 2 questions:

1. Is 1:00 too late? or too early?
  2. Do we need to (or can we) get reservations? I doubt it, but I could find out.

Dean

How many folks are going to show this year? I have not seen much interest this year. Last year we had a few folks from the Great White North. Anyone coming down this year?

Dean, how is your the VFR treating you?

You need to put the Troutdale meet in your sig.

• Member Contributer

A little logistical question:

If I take the train from Vancouver Can to Seattle Wa, does it put me anywhere near where the show would be held or do I need to rent a car, making the train ride pointless?

Many thanks

Mike Sz

I have taken the train from the south in to Seattle a number of times and have also attended the show (separately). You would walk about 6 maybe 7 blocks from the train station to the exhibition hall entrance. Piece of cake. Pick any hotel (the one mentioned previously) or any near downtown to stay and it's a $5 to $10 cab ride from the exhibition hall. There are also places in old town to eat that are a short walk to the north of the hall (and Seahawks Stadium).

I'll probably try to meet you guys at the Honda display between noon and 1 p.m. on Saturday. I have no idea what new bikes will be there, been somewhat of a let down the last few years. We'll see if Progressive does more than Cycle World has been doing.

Beer at Pyramid sounds like a good idea. :beer:

Arrived at the Honda display at about 12:30, saw Kevin, (Cageless in Seattle) and he was looking for others but had to go someplace else. I walked over to the Pyramid, just after 1 pm, didn't see anybody I knew, had a beer and came back to the show. Got a call from my son Jeremy, he was standing right behind me and had a good laugh. Was walking with him and his wife Kaili when I heard someone calling

Choco, choco. It was Randy (E-ticket) so got to see him and his wife Susan.

The show was ok, not great. The Honda CBR 250, the mini-VFR 1200, is cute and drew a lot of attention. I think this will be a good seller at $3,999. Honda had the CB 1000 something that got such high praise as naked bike in the mags a year ago. I thought it looked ok, but nothing to write home about. I'm sure it runs great with the older CBR 1000 RR motor in it. The Ducati Duival cruiser looked interesting. It seems to fit into the V-Rod, V-Max niche but looks like it will outhandle them easily and leave other cruisers behind.

For you folks from Canada and elsewhere who were fretting over missing the show, you didn't miss all that much. Jason Britton, the guy on the Speed Channel doing the stunts, was there with another guy. They were doing stunts but the smooth concrete floor was not giving them enough traction for really wild stuff, they couldn't even do stoppies. Anyway, stunt riding is not my thing, I appreciate what they can do, but I'd rather watch racing than stunt riding any day. I'd rather be riding than watching racing.

It's raining like crazy here in the Puget Sound area, flooding everywhere. The bike is sitting cozy in my garage with the battery tender plugged in. . . . waiting . . . waiting.

That's my report.

Archived