Flyby Videos and images from 2010 PNW

didit

• Member Contributer

We attempted something different this year, for the fly by video.

Here you have 2 versions. One, passing infront of the McMenamen's Edgefield Hotel. Listen carefully for the one " :squid:" audio comment on our founding member. :fing02:

Two, the lineup of attendees raring to get out and ride - what a beautiful day it was.

Big thanks to Choco for putting this together, and the ride leaders who took us all out - Choco, Cassandtim, Silver788 (replaced by ??) and ETicket.

Supporting thanks to photos from Mrs. Axel_7, Thumper8 and all other donators. Looking forward to seeing more images here too!

Very Cool :biggrin: Love the intro's Didit :biggrin: :goofy: :bliss:

• Member Contributer

Slammer - this video is crackin' me up... From the camera angle, it looks like you're riding one of these:

razor_electric_scooter.jpg

At least it is not the old dumbass cam!

The second video you posted here - is that camera helmet mounted ?

• Member Contributer

posted this picture in main event thread, i think it deserves another viewing

Thanks Jeff, thanks alot. That's what friends are for eh? No really, thanks. :biggrin:

My friend you make it just to easy, besides your so photogenic anyways, always showing your best side off :laughing6-hehe:

• Forum CEO

http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/videos/491/rowena.mp4

More video, the famous Rowena curves on the historic hwy 30 at Mayer State Park along the Moiser to Rowena section. I crawled down it slow since CassandTim had me freaked about gravel in the turns stories of heads rollin and all that! In any case the ride up was more fun anyway.

I just rode it one way, up. Nice video, seems quiet and docile but that's just the audio. I would have done it again if not for the hard wind a blowin.' Best to not push too hard when your several thousand miles from home.

I'm starting the planning now. I will come all the way out there to have fun with yall next year. After 42 years, i need to return to my birthplace anyway. looks like so much fun.

Off to google maps to plan this......................

• Forum CEO

http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/videos/491/spiralhwy.mp4

One Last video of me trying to chase down Axle7 and Tammy on The Old Spiral Highway, they are fast 2up and many before me have found that out. I just tried to run it at my pace - for the veefalo was not as fast as theirs. It was windy so I took out the audio cause it was all wind noise and speeded up the video to make it shorter.

• Member Contributer

Here's a couple of short vids I shot while on the trip, nothing fancy I haven't been able to find time to edit or put music etc. to them, but I thought some of you might still be interested in a look.

The first ones a run down then back up The Rowena Curves, :) somehow we lost some of our group so I just had to "volunteer" to go look for them.

http://www.youtube.com/user/pschofield155#p/a/u/1/SnjqjjIRZ_Y

The second one I'm following Veefer800canuck heading towards Port Angeles.

http://www.youtube.com/user/pschofield155#p/a/u/0/cQc-22zNQCc

Fun times!

That was an excellent meet. Thanks guys for organizing it and to everyone who attended for making it so much fun.

Tyke.

• Member Contributer

HS thanks again for putting up the Video's you really could do this for a living (o i guess u sort of already DO ).

Make the video full screen and turn up that Song (no idea where u find them). Really makes it kool. Cant let my family see it

as they would think we are crazy and you speeding it up a bit doesnt help. :)

I need to find out the make of your HD camera..

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

"they are fast 2up" and "speeded up the video to make it shorter."

I watched half this video before I read the "speeded up the video" part. All I could think was Holy Sh**, he's not kidding about them being fast.

• Member Contributer

Does anyone have a good picture of the 4th gen with white wheels?! Looks like yall had a blast and I love the video intro as well.

Vince (97VFR750)

• Forum CEO

HS thanks again for putting up the Video's you really could do this for a living (o i guess u sort of already DO ).

Make the video full screen and turn up that Song (no idea where u find them). Really makes it kool. Cant let my family see it

as they would think we are crazy and you speeding it up a bit doesnt help. :)

I need to find out the make of your HD camera..

Rapsody/mp3s - contour1080 hd

• Member Contributer

"they are fast 2up" and "speeded up the video to make it shorter."

I watched half this video before I read the "speeded up the video" part. All I could think was Holy Sh**, he's not kidding about them being fast.

We are not fast,, Just smooooooth......Only time we speed up if we see SSSSSSSSSSSSSSS and if we smell OATS . as Choco calls it.

Thanks HS for the info.

Archived