Summer Gloves

hlf

• Member Contributer

I'm looking for some summer gloves that have good protection and reasonable venting.

I have a pair of Rev'it Stream gloves, which are nice gloves, but Rev'it sizing just does not work for me (the fingers are too short for the body of the glove).

gallery_1987_5490_838.jpg

Rev'it Stream

I just got a pair of Held Stream gloves from NewEnough, but I don't like the fact that they don't have a good retention strap at the base of your wrist to make sure the glove stays on. (Having a glove pulled off your hand in a crash is not an experience I want to repeat...).

gallery_1987_5490_4740.jpg

Held Stream

Any suggestions?

Yes Virginia...you can get vented gloves that fit nicely:

spidi_race_vent_black.jpg

Spidi Race Vent Gloves at Kneedraggers

That's what I wear. I had Technic gloves for about 12-15 years before getting these.

For airflow:

* Perforated Leather on side of fingers & along the back of the hand

* Large mesh vent on the back of the hand - Titanium

* Those knuckel things? Vents for your fingers. Yup they work. WELL.

For a secure fit:

* strap around the wrist & one for the gauntlet

* Slender fingers

Hope this helps,

Revengel

You might also look into deerskin gloves, as they have the reputation of having a wide comfort zone with regard to temperature.

My go-to summer gloves are Lee Parks deerskin gauntlets. No, they don't have any hard armor, but are buttery soft, comfortable and fit snugly with very secure double wrist closures.

I also use Aerostich elkskin gauntlets, which , I believe, have both elkskin and deerskin construction.

btw, those Spidi gloves look very nice. But no one carries them around here.

• Member Contributer

What do you think of the Rev-It Streams? I had a pair of decent Rev-It summer gloves and in my last move, lost one of them. So looking for something else while using some old FirstGear short mesh & leather gloves that are okay but I want more length for wrist protection. Did the Streams flow a decent amount of air?

• Member Contributer

What do you think of the Rev-It Streams? I had a pair of decent Rev-It summer gloves and in my last move, lost one of them. So looking for something else while using some old FirstGear short mesh & leather gloves that are okay but I want more length for wrist protection. Did the Streams flow a decent amount of air?

Seems like the Rev it Streams are discontinued. I can't find them on Revzilla.com

• Member Contributer

I'm looking for some summer gloves that have good protection and reasonable venting.

I have a pair of Rev'it Stream gloves, which are nice gloves, but Rev'it sizing just does not work for me (the fingers are too short for the body of the glove).

gallery_1987_5490_838.jpg

Rev'it Stream

I just got a pair of Held Stream gloves from NewEnough, but I don't like the fact that they don't have a good retention strap at the base of your wrist to make sure the glove stays on. (Having a glove pulled off your hand in a crash is not an experience I want to repeat...).

gallery_1987_5490_4740.jpg

Held Stream

Any suggestions?

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/1/1/37/10969/ITEM/Scorpion-Cool-Hand-Mesh-Gloves.aspx

I bought a pair of these from a local store a couple of weeks ago and they have kept my hands reasonably cool in 90F+ temps.

• Member Contributer

Seems like the Rev it Streams are discontinued. I can't find them on Revzilla.com

Figures. I like the company's gloves a lot but a lot of them don't stay around more than a season or two. Will have to keep looking around then, maybe by next spring there will be some new stuff out from them so I'll probably wait until then. Right now their heavily vented stuff doesn't really seem that great at venting.

Do you still have the Streams? What size do you wear in Rev-It?

Ohhhhh! These look promising! Thanks!

Yea, I'll post a review of these sometime. Actually that may be my next review.

Oh and for those who have problems finding the Spidi gloves (my bike shop carries them) here's a link to them online:

Spidi Gloves at KneeDraggers

I've seen them a bunch of places.

• Member Contributer

I don't think the Rev'It Stream gloves are offered anymore (although you do see them on closeout occasionally). They were pretty nice gloves and definitely flowed quite a bit of air. The fingers were a bit short (especially the thumb) for me, however, so are litterally painful to wear. But I have pretty long thumbs, so suspect this would not be a common problem. If you can find them, particularly at close out prices, I'd recommend them.

I ordered the Spidi Race Vent gloves today from Sportbike Track Gear (http://stores.sportbiketrackgear.com), who I've had great service from in the past.

Thanks for the great suggestion!

• 7 months later...
  • Member Contributer

I know you already ordered gloves but here you go...great gloves.

The images on the right are Held Steve Gloves (what I use and I love them) and the vented ones on the left are Held Air Stream Gloves.

post-1714-0-68959800-1298471434_thumb.jp

post-1714-0-79096200-1298471466_thumb.jp

post-1714-0-29246300-1298471488_thumb.jp

• Member Contributer

I've been trying to find a suitable replacement for an older version of the Race Vent but nothing fits my hands like those do. I've worn the leather off of three fingers but can't part with them. I'll most likely get another pair.

Hope they work for ya! :fing02:

• 4 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

So I'm looking for a set of summer gloves, preferably vented leather and with no gauntlet. I loved my Joe Rocket Honda CBR gloves, but they didn't last long.

JOE ROCKET Honda CBR Gloves

Any suggestions for something similar, or do most of you guys like bigger gauntlets?

• Member Contributer

Held makes the best gloves that I have ever owned, they are expensive but they last.

I like the Aerostich deer skin also. Buy them a little too small, soak them in water, and ride till they dry on your hands. The result is an excellent fit.

Mac

• Member Contributer

Held makes the best gloves that I have ever owned, they are expensive but they last.

I like the Aerostich deer skin also. Buy them a little too small, soak them in water, and ride till they dry on your hands. The result is an excellent fit.

Mac

Wow, those Held gloves look really nice. But they are really expensive, and about double of what I was thinking for a price range. I have a pair of lined deer skin gloves for cold weather riding and they work well. Maybe something like this or similar is what I was thinking, but alot of these gloves have mixed reviews.

Gel Gloves

Mac

Wow, those Held gloves look really nice. But they are really expensive, and about double of what I was thinking for a price range. I have a pair of lined deer skin gloves for cold weather riding and they work well. Maybe something like this or similar is what I was thinking, but alot of these gloves have mixed reviews.

Gel Gloves

I like the liners, that way you can wear a safer type glove and still not be AS effected by sweat, etc..(Good for winter as well) .

Remember to take the liners with you when trying on gloves.

http://journal.drfaulken.com/bridging-the-gap-silk-motorcycle-glove-liners/

http://www.best-motorcycle-gear.com/motorcycle-gloves.html

• 2 weeks later...

Mac

+1.gif

I absolutely love my Helds. I can't remember what the model is, but they are a short cuff with a titanium knuckle cover. The fingers are all perforated and they are great in warm weather. They are made of kangaroo leather and stingray hide on any possible abrasion spots. Yeah, they are pricey (I spent more on my gloves than I did my helmet and jacket COMBINED), but there are more nerve endings in your fingers and hands than anywhere else on your body. If I go down, i want my pinkies protected. Just my $.02

• Member Contributer

Hi there,

Back in the 90s & early 2000s, I went through 2 pairs of an older Held model that had a full kevlar/keprotec backing. They felt very protective (never tested them the hard way), and they flowed a lot of air, but they don't make them any longer (so it doesn't matter that I cannot remember what the model name was). Helimot now offers something similar - the F-108. I have no personal experience with the helimot gloves, but I have been tempted to try these.

I bought my wife a pair of these from Motoport a year ago, and she really likes them - I think she says that they breathe well (but she's not here at the moment to confirm). I've been tempted by a pair of those, too.

Currently, I now alternate between an old pair of A* gloves (an old discontinued model of A* sport gloves that I picked up on clearance) and 2 different models from Aerostich: these (with no gauntlet) and these (with a short gauntlet).

This should go without saying, but if you end up ordering gloves from somewhere (rather than buying in person), make sure that they have a good return/exchange/refund policy. I prefer to check that new gear fits before spending the money, and I'll support the businesses that carry in stock something that fits (and that I want, of course). But if I must order it from somewhere, I will do so, as long as they have a good return policy, like the ones at Aerostich or MotorcycleGear/NewEnough.

Good luck with your glove-quest.

Ron

Archived