Farkles have arrived

mayner

• Member Contributer

Been waiting for what seems like forever but the wait is over. As a matter of fact, I was complaining just yesterday about not having the parts I ordered when I bought the bike. Well, it's all in now. Made an appointment to have the Top Case, Grip Heaters, and Power Outlet installed next Wednesday. I installed the Tank Bag, Saddle Bag Liners just now and I'll do the Hugger tomorrow. Gotta take off the rear wheel for that. I have already installed the Centerstand and Saddlebags.

With the Heli's on order, probably get 'em in two weeks, and the Power Commander soon to be ordered, I'm almost there.

Oh, and I had Bill Mayer make me a new seat last week.

Hotdamn! ;-)

Seat:

021.jpg

Tankbag:

010.jpg

And:

011.jpg

Saddlebag Liners:

017.jpg

Just remember the ones that commented on your seat, for when they want to brag about something they bought.... I know a lot of people that are happy with the comfort of those seats......... Sounds like you like to do long trips instead of bad mouthing other peeps farkles.... :cheerleader:

• Member Contributer

I hope that seat is comfy cuz it sho am ugly!

lol...

Yeah, it took a little getting used to but then I'm planning on using the bike more for the touring end of Sport touring than the Sport end, at least right now. It is most definatley not a sport seat. ;-)

This is not my first BMS seat. After 1000 miles they tend to lose a lot of that "bloated" look as they wear in.

We'll see.

• Member Contributer

Just remember the ones that commented on your seat, for when they want to brag about something they bought.... I know a lot of people that are happy with the comfort of those seats......... Sounds like you like to do long trips instead of bad mouthing other peeps farkles.... :cheerleader:

Thank you, John. I know it looks a little funny in the pics but it's already more comfy on longer rides so far. When it wears in it'll be better still.

I doubt he's as butt-hurt about it as you are!

It's kind of like when someone has an ugly baby... you really shouldn't say anything but DAMN it's ugly!

Seriously though I bet it's super comfortable.

I doubt he's as butt-hurt about it as you are!

It's kind of like when someone has an ugly baby... you really shouldn't say anything but DAMN it's ugly!

Seriously though I bet it's super comfortable.

That reminds me of a comedian that said "Hi , I have two lovely children, Three all together"....

"Bad mouthing other peeps farkles"? :biggrin:

It's just what everyone was thinking, Dude. Yeah, it looks like it oughta be very comfy (except maybe when yoyr legs are flat on the road, but it's still not particularly attractive. Function over form, I guess...

Ugly?? Most ugliest farkle I encountered on a VFR were the Corbin "Beetle Bags"...now those were ugleh!!

The saddle shown is not ugly,.......just not pretty....at least it doesn't have goofy wooden beads or some grizzzly animal fur covering it! :biggrin:

Beck

95 VFR

Congrats on the mods! :wink:

So, what's next on the list? :biggrin:

I'm kind of surprised to see folks buying PCs for the 7th gen. already. Does it really need one or does it just refine the FI a bit?

Congrats Maynar.

My Canadian dealer has my rear rack, windshield extension, hand guards, and bag liners in, but we're still waiting on the panniers, top box, e-harness, and heated grips to arrive before I give Caprica over for her "dressing". For now, I'm riding her naked for our third week together.

Enjoy!

Ugly?? Most ugliest farkle I encountered on a VFR were the Corbin "Beetle Bags"...now those were ugleh!!

The saddle shown is not ugly,.......just not pretty....at least it doesn't have goofy wooden beads or some grizzzly animal fur covering it! :biggrin:

Beck

95 VFR

I had the Beetle bags with the smuggler saddle on my '99 VFR.... I still think they were and are the best looking bags available.... Otherwise I didn't like them for a number of reasons.... To small / hard to take off for tyre changes..... Wouldn't have been a problem if the 5gen had the 6gen pipes set-up......

• 1 year later...

Hey I was looking around on the forum and saw you also installed a tank bag. Realize you've had it awhile, but have you had any issues yet with the clip which velcro to the bag which you have to undo to get at the gas tank falling off? Mine went down into the bike twice!!. If you have had any issues with this my honda dealer went ahead and glues it to the velcro in such a a way as to avoid this issue. So now I don't have to worry about it happening again. Just thought I'd share in case you did run into this.

Mayner you don't have to take off the wheel to install the Honda rear hugger. I know the directions will instruct you to do so but you can slip those long bolts in place with a little patience as I did. To remove to rear wheel you also have to take off the muffler,who wants to mess with that if you don't have to. I think I might have shortened an Allen key in the process to help installation, can't quite remember all the details though. Good luck. Didn't realize this was started over a 1.5 years ago, oh well maybe it will help someone else down the road.

• 8 months later...
Congrats Maynar.

My Canadian dealer has my rear rack, windshield extension, hand guards, and bag liners in, but we're still waiting on the panniers, top box, e-harness, and heated grips to arrive before I give Caprica over for her "dressing". For now, I'm riding her naked for our third week together.

Enjoy!

Any pics of the hand guards? I was thinking about adding some to my bike but don#'t want to buy something that doesn't fit/work or spoil the lines.

• 2 months later...
Congrats Maynar.

Enjoy!

Any pics of the hand guards? I was thinking about adding some to my bike but don#'t want to buy something that doesn't fit/work or spoil the lines.

Picture attached showing the hand guards

post-27046-0-38559200-1364495821.jpeg

Archived