Scorpion USA customer service

oyama

• Member Contributer

I bought my Scorpion EXO 700 helmet about 4 years ago. It has been a good helmet. It fits well, I can wear it for 3-4 hours without a problem, and it is also reasonable quite.

However, a little plastic thingy from the top of the helmet flew/broke off. (It must have been a top speed the VFR can achieve that ripped it off) I did not mind it first but without that thing the helmet let some rain in and made a barely noticeable whistling sound.

So, I walk in to the local Cycle Gear store to order the missing piece. I told the sales person why I am there. Then, she ( :fing02: ) looks in the Scorpion catalog and she could not find the piece available to order. :fing02: Then, she picks up the phone and calls the their Scorpion customer service rep. They chit-chat for a few minutes and after they finished the call the Cycle Gear girl tels me that that piece will be here in 3 business day for free of charge and if I leave my tel number she will call me once the piece arrived to the store.

I was a little leary of this, because you never get something for nothing. Especially not without warranty and receipt of the purchase. But three (business) day later my phone rang and I was told that my missing helmet piece has arrived and ready to be picked up! :beer:

So, all in all I am happy with the way both parties handled my case. :491:

resize_of_20100511_helmet_002.jpg

resize_of_20100511_helmet_003.jpg

resize_of_20100511_helmet_004.jpg

resize_of_20100511_helmet_005.jpg

• Member Contributer

Scorpion's QA is certainly not up to Arai levels, but their price and customer service way more than make up for it. I think I am on my 4th or 5th EXO700 and have not been tempted by anything else for three times the price.

• Member Contributer

I spoke with one of the top guys at Scorpion and it was one of those conversations where you can really tell that the other person is listening. Excellent Customer service and he gave me a card if ever any questions. Until Shoei makes a helmet in the HI-VIS I will continue using my most excellent exo-700. One thing thats great is the sizing can be really tweaked w/Scorpion, different size liners/cheek pads, etc. so you can get a good fit, the New Enough site carries all parts and if you study the parts chart you see that you can really dial in a helmet to make it fit you correctly and for a lower cost than shoei parts also.

• Member Contributer

I have to concur with this topic as I bought an Exo-700 and when I received it, there was a slightly damaged part. I sent one email to Scorpion and they said they would send out a new part free of charge. I received the new part in a reasonable amount of time and there was never a problem and never a suggestion that I wouldn't be covered.

I would not hesitate to recommend Scorpion or the Exo-700.

BC

• Member Contributer

When Scorpion helmets first hit the market several years ago, I was very interested in trying one, but none of the local dealers carried the brand. I was able to chat with a sales rep for my area and she told me that she had tried to get the Scorpion helmets in the shop I bought my bikes from, but the parts manager was not interested in expanding their current helmet offerings.

So, with that info, I went down to my dealer and spoke to the parts manager, which I have personally known for 15 years, and had a chat about the Scorpion lids. I dropped the reps name on him and he agreed to talk to her again. She made the call, he got her in for a trial run and I ordered an EXO700, dark face shield. and wind curtain. When he called me to tell me that my order was in, the rep had left me a Scorpion Race Case helmet case for free as a thank you. :biggrin: We have three Scorpion lids still in use.

Yep, great customer service! But I still prefer my Shoei RF1100 over any other helmet I've ever worn.

• Member Contributer

Has anyone had a problem with thier face shields cracking near the pivot point on the side of the helmit? (sorry for the thread jack)

My Scorpion shield just cracked the other day and this is not the first time. I replaced the shield once before but now I'm wondering if its a regular occuance.

Both the first and second one lasted about 9 months.

Has anyone had a problem with thier face shields cracking near the pivot point on the side of the helmit? (sorry for the thread jack)

My Scorpion shield just cracked the other day and this is not the first time. I replaced the shield once before but now I'm wondering if its a regular occuance.

Both the first and second one lasted about 9 months.

I'm on my second EXO-700 and haven't had this problem. I did have the same piece break off of my first one like Oyama, but it was due to me dropping it rather than the obscene speeds I ride at. :fing02:

I concur w/ jeremy as far as not being tempted to buy something else for 3-4x the price. I have a rf-1000, but for an every day rider I am more than satisfied w/ the Scorpion and don't worry about scratching it at all. The helmets are SNELL certified so I know the safety factor is there as well! :biggrin:

• Member Contributer

I think 4 years is getting close to the end of life. I think the usually recommendation for helmet replacement is 3-5 years, depending on use.

But that's great that you were able to get the replacement part, for free. Is the EXO 700 still currently available? If it is, that explains why the still have the part.

Arais come with a good warranty. I've heard that you can just contact Arai, tell them what you need, and they'll send it. I think my Suomy was the same, though I didn't have it long enough to find out.

Archived