6th gen gas tank filler cap

marid2apterbilt

I got a spare tank last year from a member here with only a minor dent to replace mine that fell into my bike trailer and got a big dent/crease.

It is missing all the bolton stuff. Fuel level sensor, fuel pump, and gas cap/ring.

I have seen versions of the gas cap on Ebay from China but kinda weary about them. Has anyone here used one on know of someone who has.

OR.

Does anyone have a spare they swapped out. No key is OK as I would just remove the tumblers so anykey will work...

Thanks for any input..

Sometimes cheap ones pop up on ebay w/ keys. The good news here, is it's a good 'ol "Honda Parts Bin" item - pretty much any gas cap from a Honda from 1986+ will bolt right in! :laughing6-hehe:

Sometimes cheap ones pop up on ebay w/ keys. The good news here, is it's a good 'ol "Honda Parts Bin" item - pretty much any gas cap from a Honda from 1986+ will bolt right in! cheerleader.gif

VFR, CBR, Goldwing etc all the same, I assume that is what your saying ?

There is one on Ebay buyitnow for $39.99.

Im just trying to get the Tank closed up so it doesnt rust inside before I use it, The humidity in the Mtns is killer on anything metal..

Sometimes cheap ones pop up on ebay w/ keys. The good news here, is it's a good 'ol "Honda Parts Bin" item - pretty much any gas cap from a Honda from 1986+ will bolt right in! cheerleader.gif

Im just trying to get the Tank closed up so it doesnt rust inside before I use it, The humidity in the Mtns is killer on anything metal..

I can't confirm the Goldwing fitment - but CBR is a definite fit! :laughing6-hehe:

Just spray a silicone spray in it. Chances are sealing it will keep more moisture in than out. Silicone lubes aren't enough to effect anything once you feel the tank up 'Full" with fuel the next time you use the tank. I had a spare CBR tank like that for probably 3 years and it was like new when I sold it.

• Member Contributer

Duck tape?

Dunno... Got my street RC tank drained and stock cap on it. Vortex on the track tank. Proven that the Vortex leaked water in a rain storm in the truck driving to the track. Mine did. Not saying any others will. Humidity? Don't know. I have stored tanks with duck tape over the openings. Have traveled bikes in trucks with duck tape over the Vortex cap without water incursion.

Yes the label on the tape says Duck Tape for all you Duct Tape folks.

Archived