Youtube videos equal no justice for exhaust sounds.

Ripper

• Member Contributer

I just installed the Two Brothers V.A.L.E system on my 07 and I've never been so excited to hear that sweet note. Makes a lovely low rumble :fing02:

I won't bother posting a video clip as there are a plenty of them out there. But it sure does look good!

IMG_1054.jpg

IMG_1055.jpg

• Member Contributer

That does look very nice. Did you put them on yourself?

Do you mind if I ask how much you paid for the pair?

Yes, I do everything myself and I paid 719 shipped.

I was really Leary about installing a system because most of the videos I've seen, sound like crap and or the install was obviously rushed and they didn't take the time to install them and or care if they lined up or not. I think I removed the cans and reinstalled about 4 times before I and my anal retentive ways were satisfied. End result... Perfect mirror image from one side to the other.

• Member Contributer

That does look very nice. Did you put them on yourself?

Do you mind if I ask how much you paid for the pair?

Yes, I do everything myself and I paid 719 shipped.

I was really Leary about installing a system because most of the videos I've seen, sound like crap and or the install was obviously rushed and they didn't take the time to install them and or care if they lined up or not. I think I removed the cans and reinstalled about 4 times before I and my anal retentive ways were satisfied. End result... Perfect mirror image from one side to the other.

I have these as well. They really roar at WOT, but don't seem too bad at normal speed. Of course, the sound is behind your head, so, who knows!

• Member Contributer

"Youtube videos equal no justice for exhaust sounds."

AWWWWWWWW poor baby!!!! try being deaf and missing out on that music! :pissed:

add some captions to that video!! :fing02: :idea3: :cheerleader:

LOOKS GREAT!! :fing02:

• Member Contributer

Heck, I thought it was the crappy speakers on the 6 year old laptop. So I did the youtube vids via my PS3 and HomeTheater... you know what? They still sound like crap. :fing02:

thats okay, I've got the real thing to listen to.

• Member Contributer

A couple things, did you weight them before you stuck them on, curious how much of a weight savings there is.

Is there any video that you would say comes close, would like to hear it.

I just installed the Two Brothers V.A.L.E system on my 07 and I've never been so excited to hear that sweet note. Makes a lovely low rumble :idea3:

I won't bother posting a video clip as there are a plenty of them out there. But it sure does look good!

IMG_1054.jpg

IMG_1055.jpg

Wheels, Nice!

Exhaust, Awesome!

Rr Fender, no so much...complete the mod. :fing02:

• Member Contributer

Wheels, Nice!

Exhaust, Awesome!

Rr Fender, no so much...complete the mod. :beer:

I took the fender off and used just the metal bracket... That was even worse IMO. I'll get a FE sooner or later, sooner would be better but I'm gonna have the suspension done here in town (Cant remember they guys name) before I get anything else done. I'll keep the fender and out ride the squidly :squid: straight line riders with a full rear fender, better suspension and continuing riding education. :fing02:

• Member Contributer

A couple things, did you weight them before you stuck them on, curious how much of a weight savings there is.

Why yes I did weigh them (Scale was Certified the same morning in fact).

New System = 8.5 Lbs

Stock System = 23.8 Lbs (if I'm remembering correctly)

Is there any video that you would say comes close, would like to hear it.

NO, I think I'm gonna try and find a good mic and see what kind of quality I can get with it. I would compare the sound to a Small Block V8, but then again maybe not? I don't know, it's really hard to describe but that's what comes to mind for me in regards to the sound.

• Member Contributer

Why yes I did weigh them (Scale was Certified the same morning in fact).

New System = 8.5 Lbs

Stock System = 23.8 Lbs (if I'm remembering correctly)

Excellent info, thank you. That 15.5lbs lost that high up is a very big deal IMO. Mind you if I took 15 lbs off my belly that would be an even bigger deal :fing02:

• Member Contributer

Mind you if I took 15 lbs off my belly that would be an even bigger deal :fing02:

Don't get me started, Seems the belly comes with age and I'm pretty well seasoned!

• Member Contributer

This system only has one pipe that flows correct?

Correct, the other pipe is a fully functional pipe just not connected. It will be nice when it comes time to repack and all I have to do is take the can from the other side instead. There is no performance gain from running duals, purely cosmetic.

Oh, using my Canon T1i EOS in HD Video mode I was able to get really close to true to life sound.

• Member Contributer

I'm just gonna' flop my cans. The "live one" is a bit noisier than I like. Time to switch it up. If you think they crack now wait till you put ten thou or so on the "live one"

gallery_13129_3632_1540444.jpg

100_1926.JPG

• Member Contributer

This system only has one pipe that flows correct?

Correct, the other pipe is a fully functional pipe just not connected. It will be nice when it comes time to repack and all I have to do is take the can from the other side instead. There is no performance gain from running duals, purely cosmetic.

Oh, using my Canon T1i EOS in HD Video mode I was able to get really close to true to life sound.

...........if ever anyone wants to know what the two bros sounds like.....this is it exactly. Nice bike. :fing02:

• Member Contributer

...........if ever anyone wants to know what the two bros sounds like.....this is it exactly. Nice bike. :fing02:

I think the Key was not doing it in an urban area (nothing to echo off) and not putting the Camera right next to the pipe. I'm actually pretty happy with the audio that came out of it. Hope it helps others that are on the edge about what pipe to get and what it really sounds like. May not be the perfect system for everyone, But for me it was/is.

Archived