5 minute, 5 dollar modification

timmythecop

This here was really 5 mins and 5 bucks. Advance auto sells LED stickers with a pigtail. It helps that I have that stabilizer bar on the back between my wingracks, but they can go anywhere. Just one wire to brake light, and one to ground, and viola!

You will see that the little LEDs are much brighter than the stock lamp. Also, a nice feature is that the LEDs power up instantly and make a sorta staggered effect with the oem brake light to wake up those snoozing Volvo drivers.

oem:

DSCN0161.jpg

and "Oh my gosh, he really is slowing down:

DSCN0160.jpg

maybe not earth shattering, but worth 5 mins of your time.

I like it. Maybe I'll just go find me an Advance auto parts tomorrow. And it's not just the Volvo drivers we have to worry about, at least here in Boise. Lots of cell phone yakking, texting high school and college kids around here, to say nothing of the drunks and fossils who should have had their licences revoked a couple of decades ago.

However, with my less than stellar electrical skills, five minutes wouldn't be nearly enough. :laughing6-hehe:

the sticker is just on top of the crossbar, just above the interceptor sticker

I like the idea, but I can't find it in the pic.

It's between the license plate and the Police Interceptor tag? I guess I'm just not seeing it... am I just goofy this morning? :fing02:

Got an Advance p/n? I'll head over there today....

I like the idea, but I can't find it in the pic.

It's between the license plate and the Police Interceptor tag? I guess I'm just not seeing it... am I just goofy this morning? :unsure:

Got an Advance p/n? I'll head over there today....

It's there, I've seen it in person. It's THAT slim! Timmy, a pic from the top would help though... :rolleyes:

I replaced the photo with one you can see the strip better. One of the shortfalls of this product is that the LEDs are designed to be the brightest when viewed from the knife edge of the strip. I am sure as these things get cheaper, a better variety will show up in the stores.

Wow! That is thin!

Thanks, Timmy, for the link. I fear I may have screwed that up, too -- when I use that link I find a $25, 24" strip. Is that what you bought, and then just lopped a bit of it off? Am I making this too complicated for myself? :rolleyes:

Wow! That is thin!

Thanks, Timmy, for the link. I fear I may have screwed that up, too -- when I use that link I find a $25, 24" strip. Is that what you bought, and then just lopped a bit of it off? Am I making this too complicated for myself? :rolleyes:

when you go to any auto parts store, there will be a bunch of different examples. the one I used was like 12 bucks with tax for two long strips. I cut one down to about 12 inches and slapped it in there.

• Member Contributer

DSCN0164.jpg

Timmy - I'm amused that a proud member of the police force in Maryland seems to have cut his mudgaurd plastic when the Queensland Plod here in Oz are nicking local riders for the very same thing!

Timmy - I'm amused that a proud member of the police force in Maryland seems to have cut his mudgaurd plastic when the Queensland Plod here in Oz are nicking local riders for the very same thing!

I am a rather un-rozzer-like member of the filth. In Washington DC though. I just live in Maryland. not to be confused with the Heddlu (welsh police force.)

DSCN0184.jpg

I am a rather un-rozzer-like member of the filth. In Washington DC though. I just live in Maryland. not to be confused with the Heddlu (welsh police force.)

DSCN0184.jpg

OK we need to know the story behind the picture....

DSCN0184.jpg

He arrested her for riding a VFR....can't have the riff-raff on a VFR!

• Member Contributer

The mind boggles Timmy :woohoo:

From the looks of the photo i'm imagining that HEDDLU is some kinda fashion police task force ...!? :cheerleader:

• 2 months later...

Archived