Aftermarket fairings

Guest VFRdude

Question

Guest VFRdude

Hi,

My name is Menno and I live in the Netherlands (Holland) Europe , although I am a member since 2 years at this forum this will be my first ( probably not my last) post.

Right at this moment I am the owner of a damaged VFR800 2002 model.

Therefor I want to replace the original damaged fairings with a aftermarket fairing. I already did some research on the internet and found on Ebay Moto-777 as a fairing supplier from Hongkong and one in the US named www.nicecycle.com.

Because I am afraid of poor quality and bad fitting fairings I am asking if one of you guys or girls know these suppliers and if its save to order here or maybe come with another reliable supplier.

If so I would be very grateful.

thanks in advance

Menno

• Member Contributer

I thinking about getting the xerox fairings. Just emailed one of the sellers to see if they would include a 6th gen tank cover in their 5th gen kit.

Did some reading and concluded that its always a risk ordering none OEM parts.

Thanks for the link.

Okay I've ordered these ones via eBay at Bike-Z

Total amount incl posting was $569 .....

519dc836a2.jpg

• Member Contributer

Dang. We should try to get a group buy instead of one person at a time.

Ya'll 6th gen'rs are lucky with the added seat cover, tank cover and windshields thrown into the kits. At all the different bike kits they sell, it seems like the 5th gen vfr's get the least.

Ya'll even get PLASTIC CHROME! LOL

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/FAIRING-For-HONDA-VFR800-VFR-800-02-09-Windscreen-16_W0QQitemZ250588001178QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotorcycles_Parts_Accessories?hash=item3a5835739a

BH16_VTR1.JPG

• Member Contributer

Awesome! Please let us know how it goes with quality and install! Pics are a must! I was looking at the Xerox ones as well smile.gif

No!!! Only I can have them. I haven't ordered a set yet. I wish they had a catalog cause I'm sure they have more designs than what they have posted on ebay.

Just got an idea. The 6th gen tank is bigger. I wonder if a 6th gen owner wouldnt mind seeing if their tank cover will fit on a 5th gen tank. I know they're shaped different but you never know.

Did some reading and concluded that its always a risk ordering none OEM parts.

Thanks for the link.

Okay I've ordered these ones via eBay at Bike-Z

Total amount incl posting was $569 .....

519dc836a2.jpg

post pics when then arrive

PLEASE post a pic of the mounting points in the front fairing and tail section. mine looked great on the outside, but they royaly screwed up the mounting...

Hong Kong post :warranty:

Outward Ordinary Parcel

Item Number: xxxxxxxxxx

Posting Date Drop-off Point Origin

22-Mar-2010 Yau Tong Post Office Yau Tong Post Office

Date # Location Delivery Status

22-Mar-2010 Hong Kong Item posted and is being processed.

22-Mar-2010 Hong Kong In transit.

23-Mar-2010 Hong Kong Processed for departure.

23-Mar-2010 Hong Kong The item left Hong Kong for its destination on 24-Mar-2010

Estimated delivery time 14 days......

I ordered this stuff March 06th :biggrin:

• Member Contributer

Hong Kong post :offtopic:

Outward Ordinary Parcel

Item Number: xxxxxxxxxx

Posting Date Drop-off Point Origin

22-Mar-2010 Yau Tong Post Office Yau Tong Post Office

Date # Location Delivery Status

22-Mar-2010 Hong Kong Item posted and is being processed.

22-Mar-2010 Hong Kong In transit.

23-Mar-2010 Hong Kong Processed for departure.

23-Mar-2010 Hong Kong The item left Hong Kong for its destination on 24-Mar-2010

Estimated delivery time 14 days......

I ordered this stuff March 06th :idea3:

They probably wait and stack orders before shipping.

PLEASE post a pic of the mounting points in the front fairing and tail section. mine looked great on the outside, but they royaly screwed up the mounting...

foto6c.jpg

Well, finally everything arrived at April 20th.

My first impression is that overall quality is better then I've expected.

Unfortunately one piece of the left side fairing was broken / separated during transport I guess. (see pic)

Has anyone any ideas how to fix this?

I am gonna show you the rest of the parts when it has been repaired and when I have finished my bike, I think you guys will get a better impression of the colors etc.

fotogjy.jpg

I'd sure like to hear more of your impression once you're farther along than the unpacking stage. If the tank cover works out well, it means that you can really get a totally new look without having to spend lots of additional cash on paint! Sure opens up a lot of possibilities! Please let us know how the fit works out! Many thanks!

Corky

That sucks that it broke, I'm wondering if some epoxy with some sort of backing material for stability might work.

That sucks that it broke, I'm wondering if some epoxy with some sort of backing material for stability might work.

I have fixed fairings this way before. It actually sands down well for painting as well. Luckily that spot is far enough down, no one would notice the hairline crack and he wouldn't have to paint it IMO.

foto6c.jpg

tHANKS! that looks just like mine. i look forward to hearing that it works for you.

I'd sure like to hear more of your impression once you're farther along than the unpacking stage. If the tank cover works out well, it means that you can really get a totally new look without having to spend lots of additional cash on paint! Sure opens up a lot of possibilities! Please let us know how the fit works out! Many thanks!

Corky

I've ordered this without a tank cover, it was cheaper and I don't want to have a complete white tank.

The supplier is gonna send me a new left fairing because there was a bad spot also on the paint, so I've asked them for a replacement.

I'll keep you guys updated when the job has been done.

Hi All,

Yesterday (05/09/10) I purchased a Repsol VFR800 RR fairing kit on ebay from moto77. WIth shipping and all it cost $530, cant wait! So am I hearing that the Kits fit good????? It didnt seem like anyone was being affirmative or not as to whether they fit well??? I have a 2000

Hi All,

Yesterday (05/09/10) I purchased a Repsol VFR800 RR fairing kit on ebay from moto77. WIth shipping and all it cost $530, cant wait! So am I hearing that the Kits fit good????? It didnt seem like anyone was being affirmative or not as to whether they fit well??? I have a 2000

I've done a lot of looking on the web to see what folks are saying about the eBay/chinese aftermarket fairing. Opinions range from "really good - especially considering price vs genuine Honda" down to "do not waste your money under any circumstances." It's possible that they're getting better as the learn what works and what causes complaints and returns. But regardless of response, it seems that everyone has comments about having to do a bit of work to make them fit well - usually involving a dremel, and in the case of the tank cover, maybe some heat to loosen things up a bit. I hope you're install goes well - please let us know how it looks and how your install goes! Also - might check this thread! http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/index.php/topic/53805-anyone-tried-the-full-plastic-kits-of-ebay/page__hl__ebay%20fairing

• Member Contributer

Looks great from picture/this distance. Especially for the money Honda would have you cough up. :laughing6-hehe:

Archived