FI light issue

vfr_steve

hmmm

slight problem here... I washed my bike last night and ever since my FI light has stayed on, she runs fine with no issues

Also whilst looking under the seat I was surprised to see this>>

233ma.jpg

What do you guys make of it? My bike does not have an alarm that I am aware of!

Thanks

Sounds like a fault code...have you checked it?

I learned better...I don't clean my bike because I don't want to hurt it....

*edit* But your fuse panel gave me an idea to clean up the one I sell (4 spot version of the same panel)....thanks!

Sounds like a fault code...have you checked it?

I learned better...I don't clean my bike because I don't want to hurt it....

*edit* But your fuse panel gave me an idea to clean up the one I sell (4 spot version of the same panel)....thanks!

Hi Tighwad,

I have no idea what it is... is it a similar system to protect the electrical system like yours?

regarding the FI, it's strange how it suddenly came on like that, I only gave it a few buckets of cold water!

Want me to ring your dealer and have him prep a 6th gen for you? :rolleyes: :biggrin:

Sorry, had to. I would be alarmed as well! :biggrin:

Look through the how-to's or in your shop manual to find out which fault is associated w/ the FI light staying on.

It would appear 5 of the circuits are in use...and at least one would be for the alarm? I guess the only way to know would be to trace the wiring of it backwards. It's a good idea to have a fuse panel like that for accessories...makes things simpler to connect...of course it helps to label stuff as well...

Regarding the FI light...probably just a fault from getting water in a connector.

Hey Steve, just download the 5th gen Manual and do a Fault test to see if the CPU has a fault stored in it. Otherwise I would just think it was something getting wet for a temp fault, might want to check all connectors. Clean & add Dielectric grease wouldn't hurt either! :rolleyes:

BR

What do you guys make of it? My bike does not have an alarm!

It does now!!! Hahahaha.

Steve sell that bike immediately... it's hot-wired to self-destruct in 5... 4... 3...

Dude... are you hexed?? Did you kill someone in another life and they've come back to haunt you as electrical gremlins?? Tune in next week when you'll hear Miss Piggy say: "Theeeere's another one goooone to the dogs..."

Do the FI diagnosis routine... there's a how to around here somewhere... revise all your connectors (well the bike's, not yours).

As far as the fuse panel and alarm... you may be the lucky owner of the motorcycle version of KIT... :rolleyes:

What do you guys make of it? My bike does not have an alarm!

It does now!!! Hahahaha.

Steve sell that bike immediately... it's hot-wired to self-destruct in 5... 4... 3...

Dude... are you hexed?? Did you kill someone in another life and they've come back to haunt you as electrical gremlins?? Tune in next week when you'll hear Miss Piggy say: "Theeeere's another one goooone to the dogs..."

Do the FI diagnosis routine... there's a how to around here somewhere... revise all your connectors (well the bike's, not yours).

As far as the fuse panel and alarm... you may be the lucky owner of the motorcycle version of KIT... :rolleyes:

lol you crack me up, tell me about it, I must of been a right bugger in a previous life...

The FI light has stopped now so I'm pretty certain it's a water issue since it showed up right after I gave it a wash...

Not sure what to do now, I probably will mention it to get looked at when I go back to the dealer to get the givi and custom seat fitted and ask them to clean and check the connectors.

Archived