"hip To Be Square"

sirimiri

• Member Contributer

Hey, in this economy, you've gotta make things last, right?

Hence, my very very square BT-21 rear. I think it had nearly 14,000 miles on it? Once I saw the "onion layers" peeling away yesterday - that was it. They only show on about 1/4 of the revolution, so it's easy to miss if you don't park with 'em exposed :fing02: (and I was "willing" more life out of that wasted rear anyway)

Let's just say those last 3,000 miles or so, well the cornering wasn't ideal, but I ride 7 days a week all year long all around LA, so between the crappy streets and expansion joint mis-matches that would cause a Tercel to deploy it's front airbag... who could tell?

Now there's a Pilot Road 2 on the back, to match the front.

tire.gif

• Member Contributer

I certainly hope so - because I had to do this one "quickly" which means it cost a LOT of money at the dealer. He did say that it should last "longer" than the BT21. :fing02: we'll see.

I certainly hope so - because I had to do this one "quickly" which means it cost a LOT of money at the dealer. He did say that it should last "longer" than the BT21. :fing02: we'll see.

Road 2 rear is a guaranteed 40 to 50% life over a BT21 rear , Bank it!

• Member Contributer

I did the exact same after noticing a strip of onion missing... and the cupping on the edges was tragic no matter how hard I tried to flatten them buggas down.

PR2 heaven!!!!

Archived