Phone/web/gps All-in-one

Knife

• Member Contributer

It would be cool IF At&T service didn't SUCK!

I've been unreachable ever since I switched from Verizon.

Can't wait for the horrid contract to expire.

But I've always been a big fan of Garmin.

My 6 (or so) y/o Nuvi 350 is still the best gadget that I've ever splurged on.

No contest.

• Member Contributer

No contest.

Funny. I switched from Verizon to AT&T because my Verizon coverage sucked! My AT&T coverage is great. Must just depend on where you're located?

• Member Contributer

No contest.

Funny. I switched from Verizon to AT&T because my Verizon coverage sucked! My AT&T coverage is great. Must just depend on where you're located?

Yeah. Funny for you. :happy:

I'm in NYC. Not in the mountains or in the middle of nowhere. I expect my damn phone to work here. Dammit. :blush:

• Member Contributer

No contest.

Yeah. Funny for you. :happy:

I'm in NYC. Not in the mountains or in the middle of nowhere. I expect my damn phone to work here. Dammit. :blush:

Brooklyn being a foreign country, perhaps cell towers are few and far between? (J/K - I have friends and relatives in Brooklyn.)

• Member Contributer
i belive it does depend on where you are.and if you get one of those iphones its even more fun.

funny you say that. Just read an article a couple weeks ago how the average drop calls for iphones in NYC was around 30%. They didn't say whether it was the phone or service.

I'm just fine with my separate devices. Otherwise the cockpit would look a little empty.

• Member Contributer
i belive it does depend on where you are.and if you get one of those iphones its even more fun.

funny you say that. Just read an article a couple weeks ago how the average drop calls for iphones in NYC was around 30%. They didn't say whether it was the phone or service.

I'm just fine with my separate devices. Otherwise the cockpit would look a little empty.

It's got to be the service. I have an Iphone in California and I have never had a droped call. The ATT service out here is great. Don't get me wrong. I have some coworkers that live in the boonies and they hate the service. I guess it varies from area to area.

• Member Contributer

+1 I just came back from a road trip to PA and back (to pick up my new VFR) and had issues with my iPhone not finding service. Well it said it had service, but then wouldn't connect to the web. My Navigon GPS worked fine. If I had gotten the GPS app for the iPhone, I could've been up the creek. I'll stick with a separate GPS, thank you, and eventually plan on getting one for the VFR.

• Member Contributer

If you do a lot of touring and want the best chance of a signal out in the boonies, try an independent phone option like I have with tracfone. It uses ANY cell phone service provider (tower) available and costs as little as $8/month; plus, base model phones are like $20. Certainly not going to replace an Iphone or 3g convenience but it's a pretty cheap backup.

http://tracfoneblog.blogspot.com/2007/07/t...ell-phones.html

Archived