Fork Braces

YoshiHNS

Fork braces  

108 members have voted

1. 1. Are you interested in a fork brace for a...

• 4th gen
    • 5th gen
    • 6th gen
    • other
    • No interest
  2. 2. What would you want out of it (other than proper fit)

• Annodized
    • Brake line attatchments
    • Pocketed/Ribbed out center
    • Plain, simple, cheap
    • Screw/attatchment point for horn, light, ect...
  3. 3. Would you pay more than $100 if it had any of the above

• Yes
    • No

Question

• Member Contributer

after beck's post about the fork brace for the 4th gen's making a big difference, I started doing the math on how much it would cost to machine one myself. For one, probably about the same as the one he posted. But a production run, I'm pretty sure I could get it a chunk under $100 complete. I have access to 4th, 5th, and 6th gen bikes, so I can test fitment without a problem. Just wanted to see if there was any interest in any of these for me to even see what it would cost to do a run and how complete the product should be.

• Answers 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know this has been dragging for some time, and I apologize. BUT --- Drawings are done. I email them out tomorrow morning to the watercutters for a quote, and sent it out to a buddy of mine so he can lasercut the wood prototypes. Results should be coming in soon.

No apology neccesary, I'm sure you're working on this in the limited spare time you possess! I'm just terribly impatient haha

Prototypes!! :laughing6-hehe:

• Member Contributer

*sigh* CAD file incompatabilities and problems. I tell ya. The first person who makes a good file converter between CAD programs that WORKS will never have to worry about $$$, ever, or their children.

*sigh* CAD file incompatabilities and problems. I tell ya. The first person who makes a good file converter between CAD programs that WORKS will never have to worry about $$$, ever, or their children.

I'll trade you a file conversion service for the Qatar GP on a USB stick... :rolleyes:

(inside joke boys)

• Member Contributer

I just got back from a six day trip with lots of hard, fast cornering. I finally pushed the bike hard enough that the flex-related shortcomings of the forks became apparent. I've got some weird wear patterns that look more like scuffs out on the sides of the front tire tread that I suspect are the result.

I don't care what the brace costs - I'M IN!!

Curious as well. While, the 5th gen is not as loose as my old Wee, the fork brace on that bike made an VERY big difference in handling, and I'd be curious how the VFR could benefit from it as well.

Archived