Where To Get A Reflective Safety Vest?

Ryanme17

• Member Contributer

I want to ride with a safety reflective vest, I had an old cheap one, broke it, I tried one from Meijer's (like Walmart of the midwest) but the zipper comes undone in the wind. I've seen that Olympia makes a nice one for riding, but it's like $70. Does anyone know where I can get one for cheaper?

• Member Contributer

Try a local bicycle shop or get a job with your state Department of Transportation and then quit after receiving your orange safety vest. :goofy:

Regards,

Rollin

• Member Contributer
Try a local bicycle shop or get a job with your state Department of Transportation and then quit after receiving your orange safety vest. :goofy:

LOL, Would a bicycle one work well?

I can send you a reallt nice one but you would have to block out POLICE with some duct tape or something.

looks just like this

image4276184g.jpg

• Member Contributer
A lot of the Air Force guys around here wear the Icon one. They look good and sturdy. Check Craiglist too.

I saw the orange Icon one at the local dealership, did not really like it.

Anyone used this?

http://www.jafrum.com/MV91120Yellow

It's either that, or a police one from Timmy! hehehe

I like Timmy's idea the best so far. I bought a $12 vest at Lowes last summer. I've worn it some, seems to work pretty well.

I got one at a local industrial safety store. Good quality. They also sell great ear plugs cheap by the case. Last you for years.

Huh?

I want to ride with a safety reflective vest, I had an old cheap one, broke it, I tried one from Meijer's (like Walmart of the midwest) but the zipper comes undone in the wind. I've seen that Olympia makes a nice one for riding, but it's like $70. Does anyone know where I can get one for cheaper?

i went to a construction/workman's type of store. I get a decent one that was around $30 and made it through last winter and maybe a few more. Still in great shape, jsut needs to be washed. Washington weather....

• Member Contributer

I have the Icon neon green. I like it, it's held up well over the last 3-4000 miles gets me on base without any issues. Make what ever you get it fits tight. Nothing worse than something flapping in the wind.

Archived