Yamaha Blue Spot Non-radial Calipers

redmarque

Question

• Member Contributer

Brakes on the HossackViffer need some serious attention. The standard 5th Gen master cylinder just isn't upto the job of pushing the 98 R1 4 pots.

Anyone recommend a Radial Master from something else? I thought a 2005 R6 one might do the job or CBR1000RR. any ideas? I'd like a brembo but $$$

5 answers to this question

• Member Contributer
This might help: LINKY

Cheers Seb, You're right, what a can of worms! :laugh:

Best I can work out is find a model with a radial master setup that uses caliper pistons as near the same size as the yamaha blue spot ones. 2005 onward R6 or R1 have radial calipers with the screw in cylinder covers (although the colour changes) I'll do some digging on R6/1 forums maybe that someone with an early R1 or YZF has made the swap to radial master. i'd like to get a pazzo lever to match too.

I wish other forums where as good at organising their posts and information as VFRD! :laugh:

I used an '05 R6 radial master cylinder with the blue pots on my '97 thunderace YZF1000... it worked phenomenally well.

• Member Contributer
I used an '05 R6 radial master cylinder with the blue pots on my '97 thunderace YZF1000... it worked phenomenally well.

Ah! that's what I wanted to hear! ebay here we come!

Many thanks, Red

Ah! that's what I wanted to hear! ebay here we come!

Many thanks, Red

go to yzf600r.com and search. lots of good info there.

Archived