Wanting A Vfr

Guest HiVel

Guest HiVel

New to this forum looking for info -I have located a red 2007 VFR (NIB so to speak), and would love to take it home. Need to know if I should wait and locate a 2009 or get this one and save some $-are they a lot different? Seems like this info is hard for me to find- Is it worth trying toi get a new one? How much should it cost ? All help is appreciated. Previous and present owners help me out if you will Thanks.

Just had one large Honda dealer close here due to the economy.

• Member Contributer
New to this forum looking for info -I have located a red 2007 VFR (NIB so to speak), and would love to take it home. Need to know if I should wait and locate a 2009 or get this one and save some $-are they a lot different? Seems like this info is hard for me to find- Is it worth trying toi get a new one? How much should it cost ? All help is appreciated. Previous and present owners help me out if you will Thanks.

Just had one large Honda dealer close here due to the economy.

new 2007 is just as good as new 2009.

new 2007 is just as good as new 2009.

...And will cost you less money for insurance coverage every year for the next several years, too! smile.gif

As for price, the leftover '07 should definitely cost you less than a brand new '09. How much less? Sorry, can't help you there, but I'd guesstimate at least $1k U.S. less than the '09. And I think even brand new VFRs don't go for MSRP, so make the best deal you can.

Don't just focus on the price of the bike itself. Rather, look at out-the-door price, which will likely include the bike, freight and/or assembly, documentation fees, sales tax and title. Try to negotiate dropping most of the dealer fees if possible. They're in business to make money, but let them make huge profits on CBRs, Ninjas and GSX-Rs instead of your VFR! wink.gif

• Member Contributer

Welcome to VFRD!

A 2007 VFR is the same exact bike as a 2009 VFR, except the colors. I would not buy a 2007 unless it costs about $3,000 or more below the MSRP on a 2009 given today's market for motorcycles. A brand new 2007 VFR with ABS went for $7,900 on eBay last week and I found my brand new 07 VFR for cheaper than that. Good luck and we look forward to see some pictures of your new ride. :fing02:

• Member Contributer
Welcome to VFRD!

A 2007 VFR is the same exact bike as a 2009 VFR, except the colors. I would not buy a 2007 unless it costs about $3,000 or more below the MSRP on a 2009 given today's market for motorcycles. A brand new 2007 VFR with ABS went for $7,900 on eBay last week and I found my brand new 07 VFR for cheaper than that. Good luck and we look forward to see some pictures of your new ride. :goofy:

That's the idea, it's just as good and cheaper. It's been taking up space at the dealer where he could have high-volume CBRS. You'd be doing him a favor by taking it off his hands for much, much less than a 2009! :warranty:

There is a a new 07 RWb non-abs model at the local honda dealer here in Noblesville, IN, that hs been sitting on the floor since 07. they have the price at like $8250, I belive......I would think you could prob. get it for $7500 or so, its just been sitting there for so long. Might as well try to lowball em and get a good deal, they just might bite.

• Member Contributer

I'd negotiate for the matching luggage to be included. Sourcing that afterwords might be harder, and paying the parts counter price might not be so fun.

I bought a left over '07 RWB in June of last year. It came out of the crate and sat on the floor for less then a week when I bought it. No telling where the crate was at. If is was in a heated building or barn and for how long, who knows? The bike needed a new battery as the one that came with it was shot. And the bike picked up a few friends someplace before I got it. LOL If you buy a left over model, check it out real good. Have the dealer open the air cleaner up to inspect in there. I did get a good deal on the bike tho.

DSCN0322.jpg

DSCN0323.jpg

Check insurance too. I got my new 2006 off the showroom floor in April 2008. Before I bought it I looked up insurance rates and in some cases the 2008 model cost twice as much to insure as the 2006! Identical bikes except for the color, including ABS.

Thanks for all th egood info-will go see the bike (I hope) tomorrow-ready to offer a fair price -will let you all know what is going on-

Thanks again-HiVel

Archived