Mcn Show Down For The Best All Around Bike

Superceptor02

Check out this link it is a video about what is the best all around bike. They had an online poll that was won by the VFR last time I checked. They gave it to the KTM. But what really bothered me was they claimed that a BMW 1200GS was faster around the track. I have a hard time believing this. They also said that it was dragging all over the track, but from looks of the video they were hardly getting it down in the turns. What do you all think?

Here is the link

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/News/new...llrounder-test/

• Member Contributer
What do I think (look above, I emailed Rupert Paul about it) and his comments one of them...

''The VFR is not fast enough'' .. almost in the same sentence they say the BMW tops out at 125mph

The GS has awesome amounts of torque though. A friend of mine, whom I work in the same company, has a 2004 GS1200, which is completely stock, as is my VFR (apart from a tooth smaller front sprocket, nothing to shout about) and we organized a roll-on race from 4th gear in a deserted road (VFR doing around 4.000 rpm). He immediately pulled around 3-4 bike lengths lead. At first I thought, I'd reel him in once we got over 100 mph, but then when we finally got to around 125, he was still in the lead (although slowly loosing the advantage). We did a similar run in 3rd gear, with VFR turning around 6.000 rpm and this time, I was able to lead but not the way the GS pulled a lead on me. I was quite impressed. The GS can definitely hustle. It has similar HP, more torque and less weight than the VFR so it is easily as fast as the VFR.

By the way, that scrapping the under carriage part is weird, because I pushed my VFR quite hard at the track (also confirmed by seasoned riders, not my perception only) and I had no problems. May be, they left it at stock settings, which were a bit soft. You do feel the weight of the VFR in the transitions though, but I'd say it is a solid handling bike.

• Member Contributer
Wow you read MCN?

Actually it's a video. :cool: :goofy:

I pulled up the video but could not read it. No subtitles. :fing02:

Archived